SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You play your opponent.

The opponent was letting you run out the clock and maybe or maybe not try a very long FG.

You win in almost all cases  (the 108 yard missed FG return being the only ultra rare downside)

The opponent then changed their strategy and used a timeout.

This forced you to now expect that they could use the 2nd timeout and now a missed long FG would not be at zero on the clock, it would leave 30 seconds for the other team to go 25 yards, kick a FG, and end your season.

Your objective must now be to get the 1st down to allow you to control the clock again.

You did not need that 1st down in the first scenario.

This is basic logic.

The timeout was with :05 on the play clock. Assuming you can’t call it at zero, explain to me why the possibility of leaving :30 on the clock with no timeouts is a concern but :26 with a timeout is not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This isn't the smoking gun you think it is

Regardless of timeout or no timeout, they were running a 3rd down play with the intention of running clock and gaining yardage

The problem was the defensive execution, not the timeout

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

He said sentences before the Really

This is the weirdest Zapruder film of all time

If he said sentences off camera, then what the hell is the point of this clip? If you think he said sentences AND the word "really" in that clip, then I want some of what you're smoking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

What does Carr know?

Hes just a finger puppet of the coach. 

I mean if you want to create a club for people that think Derek Carr doesn't know a single damn thing, I'll be the first person on the waiting list. My point was whatever he said in the interview isn't proof that they were gonna kneel.

Just now, Tk3 said:

This is the weirdest Zapruder film of all time

If he said sentences off camera, then what the hell is the point of this clip? If you think he said sentences AND the word "really" in that clip, then I want some of what you're smoking

They are on camera before the "really" part

• Like 1

Just now, DannyB said:

I mean if you want to create a club for people that think Derek Carr doesn't know a single damn thing, I'll be the first person on the waiting list. My point was whatever he said in the interview isn't proof that they were gonna kneel.

I agree, but its not absence of proof

Its a nulltell

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Anyone who didn’t think the timeout changed everything has never seen a terrible movie called The Butterfly Effect. 

uhhh nobody has seen a terrible movie called the butterfly effect. Several people have seen an amazing movie called the butterfly effect though.

• Like 2