SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Buddy I’m aware of the playoff scenarios.

Everything coming out of that Carr interview and video of Ekeler with that Raiders player screams different, which is the entire basis of what my thoughts are.

I think all Carr meant was that they went to a run instead of a pass. Chargers still couldn’t stop the run.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

ehhhh...

It's interesting, and there's smoke, but I remain unconvinced. I'm not sure that's what's being said there.

I’m not either, but him covering half his face while saying what he did and Carr saying “it changed our strategy after they called the timeout” is enough for me to wonder…

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Its clear thats what they said

Watch it again knowing what was said

That's the only way I watched it. I saw the supposed translation and watched it, so yes that's what my mind is led to believe. But I bet you could put other words there instead and your brain would convince yourself it's those.

You play your opponent.

The opponent was letting you run out the clock and maybe or maybe not try a very long FG.

You win in almost all cases  (the 108 yard missed FG return being the only ultra rare downside)

The opponent then changed their strategy and used a timeout.

This forced you to now expect that they could use the 2nd timeout and now a missed long FG would not be at zero on the clock, it would leave 30 seconds for the other team to go 25 yards, kick a FG, and end your season.

Your objective must now be to get the 1st down to allow you to control the clock again.

You did not need that 1st down in the first scenario.

This is basic logic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

They were absolutely not kneeling it lol. Look at the formation they were in. 

People also forget that the team could get in serious trouble if they deliberately try to tie. It creates scandal and makes people feel that there’s a fix.

Just now, DannyB said:

That's the only way I watched it. I saw the supposed translation and watched it, so yes that's what my mind is led to believe. But I bet you could put other words there instead and your brain would convince yourself it's those.

Look at his expression though

It is one of regret outside ones control

And the raiders guy is smirking a little bit

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I’m not either, but him covering half his face while saying what he did and Carr saying “it changed our strategy after they called the timeout” is enough for me to at least call it a boneheaded timeout considering the previous two plays/how the Raiders body language looked prior to the timeout.

Yeah that's what stood out to me too. Didn't know that about Carr's post game presser.

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

ehhhh...

It's interesting, and there's smoke, but I remain unconvinced. I'm not sure that's what's being said there.

lmao sure looks like it

I love Ekeler's "maaaaan". He's a great dude. Watch him interviewed after Chargers games cause of the local postgame show after SNF and he's always a class act. Shame Staley and the run defense ruined this for him and the rest of the offense which fought their way back.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy