SNF: Chargers (9-7) @ Raiders (9-7) - Win and you're in

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raiders
    • Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2022 at 02:00 AM

Just now, Xenos said:

People also forget that the team could get in serious trouble if they deliberately try to tie. It creates scandal and makes people feel that there’s a fix.

Especially for a team from Las Vegas

Another reason it was ridiculous to put a team there

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

Of course you cant flat out say to the media that you were gonna tie it.

But they were

But he flat out said they WEREN'T. Not that I believe what people say in interviews, but people are using what he said in the interview as proof that they WERE going to kneel and tie it.

And in that Barstool tweet above you replied to, I think the Charger said "Really?". Which could have been about anything. It could have been about the train that the Raiders offensive line ran on some hot instagram butt model the night before.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sayheykid said:

Honestly, if I were Spanos or Telesco, I'd take Staley aside in the locker room and just tell him to not bother showing up for the flight home.

Telesco is lucky to still have his job, himself.  Or I should say, lucky that he works for the only team owner more change-averse than Mike Brown.  There were bigger issues with Staley in this game than the decision in OT and the majority of them are ones that Tom Telesco is very specifically responsible for shoehorning him into.  Herbert going to buy Telesco 4-5 years past his should-have-been expiration date the same way Rivers did AJ Smith.

Also, I'll eagerly await Clete Blakeman getting yet another high profile, high-stakes game and tripping over his johnson again, like he has so many times in the past... and the league will do nothing about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its clear thats what they said

Watch it again knowing what was said

they were literally in shotgun formation with an uncovered WR

idk how people are taking Ekeler's lip movements to be "were you gonna kneel it"

I WILL agree that the Raider did, in fact, nod his head

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

People also forget that the team could get in serious trouble if they deliberately try to tie. It creates scandal and makes people feel that there’s a fix.

I was already thinking about the backlash from that. To me, it would be completely defensible to guarantee your team a playoff spot without risking something crazy happening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

That's the only way I watched it. I saw the supposed translation and watched it, so yes that's what my mind is led to believe. But I bet you could put other words there instead and your brain would convince yourself it's those.

If you said

Ekeler: "Really?"

Raider: *nods*

I would say THAT is every bit or more likely than him saying a full sentence

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

But he flat out said they WEREN'T. Not that I believe what people say in interviews, but people are using what he said in the interview as proof that they WERE going to kneel and tie it.

What does Carr know?

Hes just a finger puppet of the coach. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

they were literally in shotgun formation with an uncovered WR

idk how people are taking Ekeler's lip movements to be "were you gonna kneel it"

I WILL agree that the Raider did, in fact, nod his head

I just see it as him saying "Really?" and the Raider player nodding. Which could be anything.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

That would confirm that the TO didn't chage anthing, the yardage gained did

Well of course lol.

The whole thing is the mindset the players were in/what they were told before and after the timeout. Including what play was ran.

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It's not a scandal if it is the safest way to secure a playoff spot.