The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Couldn't care less about the orgy part of it.

The character arcs converging was excellent though.

I think the hype surrounding the orgy was a marketing attempt - Came for the orgy, stayed for the fight that has been built up over 3 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

But unfortunately also tipped the Boys hand, they won't catch Homelander off-guard like that again.

True, but he is also watching everything crumble around him right now. He's got some supes out to kill him and Starlight's video may tank his popularity, which would surely have a massive effect on Vought seeing as he is now leading the company. Noir is gone, the Deep can be blackmailed, and A-Train is presumably dead or incapacitated. He's got literally no one left. I see this going one of three ways for him: he either goes out to find Ryan, goes on his killing spree that he's mentioned before, or (in a perfect parallel to real life events that has been hinted at happening in the show) he riles up everyone still on his side and creates a small army to march on the capital (like in the comics). I think that would include Janine's stepdad. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

True, but he is also watching everything crumble around him right now. He's got some supes out to kill him and Starlight's video may tank his popularity, which would surely have a massive effect on Vought seeing as he is now leading the company. Noir is gone, the Deep can be blackmailed, and A-Train is presumably dead or incapacitated. He's got literally no one left. I see this going one of three ways for him: he either goes out to find Ryan, goes on his killing spree that he's mentioned before, or (in a perfect parallel to real life events that has been hinted at happening in the show) he riles up everyone still on his side and creates a small army to march on the capital (like in the comics). I think that would include Janine's stepdad. 

Imagine if the stepdad took Janine with him and some **** went down and soldier boy ended up saving her live somehow right in front of M.M.

Is Anthony Starr winning anything for his performance as Homelander? He's been nothing short of incredible. I've got to imagine he's got competition from a few people, but he's been such a great character to follow. He just owns every scene he's in.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is Anthony Starr winning anything for his performance as Homelander? He's been nothing short of incredible. I've got to imagine he's got competition from a few people, but he's been such a great character to follow. He just owns every scene he's in.

The multitude of expressions on his face during the scene where he's taking to himself was incredible.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The multitude of expressions on his face during the scene where he's taking to himself was incredible.

That's the exact scene I'm talking about - the ability to play two distinct characters within one character was some amazing stuff.

Spoiler

When "mirror" Homelander made "real" Homelander say why he did what he did - the way mirror HL screamed "SAY IT!" and real HL sort of unsurely mumbled "Because I want them to love me" was some phenomenal stuff from Starr.

Homelander is deeply disturbed, and Starr is just making it seem equal parts scary and tragic for all involved.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Agreed. He's going to get some big time roles after the show is over, maybe before.

I started watching the show Banshee that he's in and he's great in that too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Imagine if the stepdad took Janine with him and some **** went down and soldier boy ended up saving her live somehow right in front of M.M.

Would certainly make MM feel some type of way. That said, I'm like 95% sure Soldier Boy is not the hero in this story. He may be better than Homelander, but that isn't saying much. He's not going out of his way to save anyone.

I was actually a little surprised Homelander fared as well as he did against Soldier Boy, Butcher, and Hughie. He's the strongest man in the world and his eye lasers decimate anyone and everything. He's never had to really fight like that. Maybe he got training at some point? Still, it also explains why Butcher was able to get the best of him in a way. Butcher has got actual combat experience.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Agreed. He's going to get some big time roles after the show is over, maybe before.

I started watching the show Banshee that he's in and he's great in that too. 

Banshee is a hidden gem if you can stomach the extreme violence and graphic nudity (I have zero problem with either lol).    Starr was amazing, it basically got him the Homelander role.   Won't ever cross an angry Mennonite either.

Sadly, given the genre's lack of recognition, I would be surprised if he even got nominated.   He certainly deserves it for S3's work (he deserved it for S2 Banshee too IMO).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

There have been a lot of villains' I have disliked but I just despise Homelander.  One of those roles that I hope doesnt hurt him in the future because people will hate him in those roles for being Homelander.  

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

a critic who has early access to episode 7 said it was amazing and it had a moment where he pumped his fist in the air

also the creator of the show said ep 8 was tougher to make than herogasm...sounds like this seasons ends with a bang

Is it an 8 episode season?

I really feel like the demise of Homelander is coming up soon. Could it be next episode already?