The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

I love how this show is able to do everything so effortlessly. Action, comedy, horror, drama. each episode will have that and it works so well. I also like that they take a shot at everyone without holding back when they touch on social commentary. Amazon lets the creators do anything, which is funny to me, because a lot of the stuff they criticize on the show, Amazon is guilty of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I love how this show is able to do everything so effortlessly. Action, comedy, horror, drama. each episode will have that and it works so well. I also like that they take a shot at everyone without holding back when they touch on social commentary. Amazon lets the creators do anything, which is funny to me, because a lot of the stuff they criticize on the show, Amazon is guilty of.

Do they take shots at everyone? The show has taken a very obvious and unwavering stand, IMO.

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I’d say just about everyone. Obviously one side is catching more heat than the other. 

I don't think I agree with this. I won't get into it anymore than this, but this show has very strong anti-capitalist/corporation and anti-fascist themes, and it has not flinched on those since episode 1.

• Like 1

So the episode tomorrow is Herogasm. Anybody else read the comic and horrified for what we may see?

If you are interested, the omnibuses are on sale on Amazon as an ebook for like $5 each. There is about 350 pages in each omnibus, so it is a good deal. I think Herogasm is in 2 or 3.

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

So the episode tomorrow is Herogasm. Anybody else read the comic and horrified for what we may see?

If you are interested, the omnibuses are on sale on Amazon as an ebook for like $5 each. There is about 350 pages in each omnibus, so it is a good deal. I think Herogasm is in 2 or 3.

Might be the greatest thing ever filmed if they do it right 

3 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Soldier boy mentioning Cosby is something. Sounds like he had one of his famous cocktails 

Funniest line in the episode.

I like the dynamic they have going with the boys essentially split in three groups right now.  Butcher and Huey doing whatever it takes, Frenchie and Kimiko trying to just get out, and MM/Annie trying to do the right thing, even though trying to do the right thing has pretty much backfired since this show started.

• Like 2