• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

Just now, Rtnldave said:

7.0 and I'm being generous.

Simply put, I do not believe in Prescott. I feel he has more potential to get flustered and lose than to show that killer instinct and win.

I feel he's an above average QB in the league, but this is the post season. All teams are above average now. 

Does he have that "next gear" to ramp up his game, put this team on his back and elavate the players around him? Because that is what SF, and any other team we may face, is going to force him to do.

My faith is in our defense to continue with take away to give our offense short fields and multiple opportunities while keeping their offense on the sidelines.

Tomorrow will tell.

26 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Kellen Moore digs into he bag, the 49er run game isn’t nearly as lethal as advertised (nor is our run defense that bad), and we roll over SF with a 40 burger.

I like the confidence!

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

7.0 and I'm being generous.

Simply put, I do not believe in Prescott. I feel he has more potential to get flustered and lose than to show that killer instinct and win.

I feel he's an above average QB I the league, but this is th post season. All teams are above average now. 

Does he have that "next gear" to ramp up his game, put his team I his back and elavate the players around him? Because that is what SF, and any other team we may face, is going to force him to do.

My faith is in our defense to continue with take away to give our offense short fields and multiple opportunities while keeping their offense on the sidelines.

Tomorrow will tell.

7 is still pretty confident. Your defense is certainly capable of creating turnovers and making it easy for your offense. I think you are being too harsh on Dak. He has performed well in the playoffs and has never felt overwhelmed. What he did his rookie season vs GB was super impressive. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I like the confidence!

7 is still pretty confident. Your defense is certainly capable of creating turnovers and making it easy for your offense. I think you are being too harsh on Dak. He has performed well in the playoffs and has never felt overwhelmed. What he did his rookie season vs GB was super impressive. 

I get that stats are an important variable for measuring a players level of individual success.

But in spite of that we still LOST!

I'm talking about the immeasurable stat of putting a team on your back and winning the damn game!

See Rodgers 2017, 4th quarter, 31 all, 18 seconds left, 3rd and 20, hits a tiptoe 40 yard pass to set up the game winning, season ending for Dallas, field goal.

When Dak can do something like that, im in.

I get he drove us down to get the game tying FG, but left too much time for Rodgers to answer.

If you know your defense is struggling against that offense, you CANNOT allow them a chance to win in regulation, or at all. Just go get the TD.

I know it seems I am asking the impossible, but this is how you beat a virtually unbeatable opponent. DONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO WIN!

You are what your record says you are. I think we have the better roster. We have 3 first team all pros, they have 2. We have a more complete WR corp. We have more playmakers on defense. We are #1 in the NFL in turnover differential at +14 they are #23 at -4. 
We SHOULD win. No doubt about that. So confidence starts at a 7. If they lose nobody will feel like they got beat by a superior team. They will just be a punchline. There is no moral victory in place for this game like there was week 1 against Brady. We SHOULD win this. 

The only way the 49ers win is if Dak comes out flat. Something we have seen far to much of in recent games. If this becomes a defensive battle, confidence shifts to 5. 

To @Rtnldaves point, growing confidence past 7 depends on your confidence in Dak. It certainly helps that this is a home game. 

I’ll set confidence at 7.5. This will be a major disappointment if we lose.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright Cowboys fans, about 30 or so hours until game time. 

What is the confidence level from 1-10?

If we play four quarters of focused football I'm at an 8.

If we stumble, bumble, commit a lot of penalties and are behind in the 3rd quarter before we wake up I'm at a 4.

Average it out and say a 6.

My Keys:

Start fast.

Throw the ball down the field.  San Fran has committed their fare share of PI this year.

Stop the 49ers running game.

Take Deebo out of the equation.  He is a Swiss Army Knife.  Does everything well.

Force minimum 2 turnovers.

Don't leave the game up to Greg the Leg. If it comes down to a Greg Z kick to win it pray.  Even if you aren't religious pray.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I get that stats are an important variable for measuring a players level of individual success.

But in spite of that we still LOST!

I'm talking about the immeasurable stat of putting a team on your back and winning the damn game!

See Rodgers 2017, 4th quarter, 31 all, 18 seconds left, 3rd and 20, hits a tiptoe 40 yard pass to set up the game winning, season ending for Dallas, field goal.

When Dak can do something like that, im in.

I get he drove us down to get the game tying FG, but left too much time for Rodgers to answer.

If you know your defense is struggling against that offense, you CANNOT allow them a chance to win in regulation, or at all. Just go get the TD.

I know it seems I am asking the impossible, but this is how you beat a virtually unbeatable opponent. DONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO WIN!

So you are only all in on Dak if he gets on Rodgers level....Someone who is arguably a top 5 QB of all time? Those are some lofty expectations right there lol.

I mean hey, if you want to blame Dak for that unreal throw by Rodgers, then so be it. But Dak as a rookie, was down 21-3 and didn't blink and brought his team right back. That TO ME at least was very impressive. I don't think he will be the issue tomorrow. He will play fine but I don't think he will dominate since the Niners defense is playing good ball at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I would spy Deebo with Parsons when he’s in the backfield and have Diggs following him when he’s not. When Diggs is on Deebo put Parsons on Kittle. Dlaw and RG my main pass rushers

The problem is that Deebo can start out wide and motion back in the backfield or vice versa. I don't think you need to try to eliminate him by putting Diggs on him. Because truthfully, it doesn't matter who you key in on, it doesn't really impact the Niners offense. Focus on taking Deebo out? No problem, then Jimmy will just focus on getting the ball to Aiyuk or Kittle. And that goes for any of the weapons I listed. The Titans were putting two or three defenders on Kittle and that resulted in Deebo going for 159 yards. It's more so stopping the run. The Niners aren't a team that gets big 40-50 yard runs. Mitchell/Deebo just pick up positive yards on every run and that wears defenses down. If you guys can do well on stopping the run, then you should be in solid shape. Even if Jimmy is off to a great start, you rather have him continuing to have to pass and take your chance that way. 

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You are what your record says you are. I think we have the better roster. We have 3 first team all pros, they have 2. We have a more complete WR corp. We have more playmakers on defense. We are #1 in the NFL in turnover differential at +14 they are #23 at -4. 
We SHOULD win. No doubt about that. So confidence starts at a 7. If they lose nobody will feel like they got beat by a superior team. They will just be a punchline. There is no moral victory in place for this game like there was week 1 against Brady. We SHOULD win this. 

The only way the 49ers win is if Dak comes out flat. Something we have seen far to much of in recent games. If this becomes a defensive battle, confidence shifts to 5. 

To @Rtnldaves point, growing confidence past 7 depends on your confidence in Dak. It certainly helps that this is a home game. 

I’ll set confidence at 7.5. This will be a major disappointment if we lose.

Absolutely, the Cowboys were better than the Niners in the regular season. BUT, the Niners once again faced a crazy amount of injuries and were at least at one point top 5 in injuries in the league. The team is getting healthy at the right time. Kittle missed three games earlier in the season and the team really struggled. Then Deebo and Mitchell missed some games but they are back and Moseley, our best corner is back as well. Talent wise, I don't think either team has a big advantage. Pretty even there. Cowboys have the better QB and that could be the difference but maybe Shanny can out coach McCarthy and overcome the difference in the QBs.

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you are only all in on Dak if he gets on Rodgers level....Someone who is arguably a top 5 QB of all time? Those are some lofty expectations right there lol.

I mean hey, if you want to blame Dak for that unreal throw by Rodgers, then so be it. But Dak as a rookie, was down 21-3 and didn't blink and brought his team right back. That TO ME at least was very impressive. I don't think he will be the issue tomorrow. He will play fine but I don't think he will dominate since the Niners defense is playing good ball at the moment. 

Fair point, and perhaps I am being unfair to Prescott.

But outside of NE, I have seen him go full McNabb in the face of a tough and persistent opponent:

Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals.

It seems like he gets his confidence when we are beating a team down, NIT when it is a tie to toe slugfest.

Last week SF, down 17, went toe to toe and out punched the Rams.

14 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Fair point, and perhaps I am being unfair to Prescott.

But outside of NE, I have seen him go full McNabb in the face of a tough and persistent opponent:

Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals.

It seems like he gets his confidence when we are beating a team down, NIT when it is a tie to toe slugfest.

Last week SF, down 17, went toe to toe and out punched the Rams.

I mean even against the Raiders he played very well in the 4th quarter and brought the team back from a deficit. The defense couldn't get a stop against the Cardinals but Dak got it to a one possession game. The Broncos was a beat down but weren't you guys missing a lot of weapons vs KC? 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I would spy Deebo with Parsons when he’s in the backfield and have Diggs following him when he’s not. When Diggs is on Deebo put Parsons on Kittle. Dlaw and RG my main pass rushers

I think Kearse has drawn the Kittle matchup.

I also might be inclined to do the Bill Billichick thing. Bracket Deebo to prevent run after catch, and put Diggs on Aiyuk.