Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers has to have thrown at least 20-25% of his passes into the dirt and yet I havent heard a peep from many of you about it. Isnt that odd.

I would’ve but I was watching the game from my hot tub, so I couldn’t post. But yes, I noticed the exact same thing. If Adams wasn’t on a mid or deep route, that ball was dirtbound.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can we trade some of our posters?? Think about If Dak had only 50 yds?? 

we are talking about a QB that one time people were saying could be a top 5 Q of all time.

You can trade me.  After 46 years as a Dallas fan I'm taking a break. 

Edited by Northland

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Green Bay only had 10 players on the field on the game winning field goal.  Hard enough to block a fg attempt with 11 men.  Fitting end for a team whose special teams were their achilles heel all year.

Well, to that point, SFs HC successfully  exploited, what looked to be a superior teams, weakness, TWICE!

Their special teams blocked a FG attempt and a punt to be returned for a TD.

He found a way to give his team a chance to win.

THATS coaching!

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can we trade some of our posters?? Think about If Dak had only 50 yds?? 

we are talking about a QB that one time people were saying could be a top 5 Q of all time.

Rodgers has been a big disappointment in the playoffs. So was Peyton Manning until he finally got one then the Denver defense got him a second one. Makes me appreciate Aikman more as elevated his game in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Wow, Rodgers showing us just how well Dak should have played against this Niners defense.

Some points just make themselves. It’s okay to admit you were being over emotional about Dak’s performance…

And that’s not to say that there are clearly things this football team needs to work on… but Dak’s play is not the problem.

Was I hard on Dak?  Absolutely.  Was some of my critique of Dak driven from emotion of watching the Cowboys fail in the post season yet again - probably.  Was it right - maybe, maybe not.  Do I enjoy watching Rodgers crash and burn - yes, it was glorious.  That being said after the euphoria of watching Rodgers go down, I would ask myself if I were a Dallas fan the following which piggybacks on your last sentence/point above:

1.  Does this improve the plight of my team?  Is Dallas suddenly going to become a fundamentally sound football team because Rodgers was defeated?

2.  Will the Cowboys suddenly play four quarters of focused football week in and week out?

3.  Will the Cowboys emerge as a team that commits few penalties?

4.  Will the record of my team and my QB vastly improve when we play teams with winning records?  

The answer from where I sit is a resounding no. The issues the Cowboys face annually have not been short term.  Twenty six years is a long time between making it to a conference championship. Whatever you want to call what ails the Cowboys it is endemic.  It will surface year in and year out.  Don't let the 12-5 record fool you.  Dallas has been and will continue to be a vastly overrated, overhyped team.  More flash than substance resides in Dallas.  That won't change despite a hated rival going down in flames.  There is, as you said much to improve upon before Dallas can take the next step.  From where I sit 2022 is going to be a challenging year given the cap challenges the team faces along with a first place schedule.  

What all Dallas fans need to face is as follows. What has been the one constant through 26 years of mediocrity/futility, and what if anything can realistically be done to address that?