Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm still trying wrap my head around the last two weeks...

We have won TWO playoff games, ON THE ROAD no less, where our QB hasn't thrown a single TD pass but has TWO ints and has posted passser ratings of 67 and 57 consecutively.

Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

I posted about our W/L record with Deebo and Mitchell finally healthy together. Though Mitchell didn't get his 20+ carries he did get it in total touches. This defense and those 2 in particular have let us overcome Jimmy flaws. Here's to holding out hope we get good Jimmy for a full gm.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thank you sir! But trust me, our STs unit all season long has been horrendous as well. This was the first game they were actually a positive. Granted, they were a HUGE positive but that's likely not to continue. Just happy for one game they were able to come through. 

The fact that the SF units are also not good is what makes the Packers ST meltdown so damning.  Watching the game, you would have thought it was an elite (or at least good) ST unit facing GB's #32 ranked unit, but that wasn't the case.  Turns out the difference between #32 and #25(ish?) was significant.

29 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Any work word on Trent Williams injury? Looked like he was standing in the locker room after the game. 

Unless it's a serious injury...Williams will give it a go. Dude is tough. Everyone is banged up at this point. We should have a ton of DNP or limited this week. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We have won TWO playoff games, ON THE ROAD no less, where our QB hasn't thrown a single TD pass but has TWO ints and has posted passser ratings of 67 and 57 consecutively.

I literally cannot wrap my head around this team. All I gotta say is the resilience and adaptability factor is as high as any team in the league.  0 quit or panic in this team

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Also, who'd have thought that Talanoa Hufanga of all people would score our only TD. Absolutely stoked for him.

I thought Kitlte was going to have a big game and while he ended up having a good game, if he doesn't drop that pass in the 2nd quarter, he likely has over 100 yards and possibly a TD. Thanks for that drop, George! Your route running was very good though and that one hander was amazing....Just make the easy catches!

Aiyuk was never going to have a good game in these conditions since the routes he was winning in, Jimmy just didn't have the arm to get it to him. Oh well, we did enough I guess.

We really dodged a bullet on the last 3rd down where Rodgers threw it into double coverage. I believe it was Lazard coming in WIDE open across the middle. He catches it and the Packers likely have the ball inside the 35-40 yard line and we would have bene DONE. We were very fortunate there. Regardless if we play the Rams or Bucs, both teams will test us deep quite a bit and the secondary will need to be on point.

Johnson did what he had to do and made some nice tackles in the 2nd half, but I really hope Thomas gets healthy. Will need him for sure.