Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

This is a really great breakdown of the game.

Seriously, hats off to Ryans on the game he called and our entire defense for executing. They FORCED Rodgers into bad decisions over and over again. Tartt is an unsung hero of this defense week in and week out. 

Does anyone know how much disguising we were doing with Saleh in the Super Bowl? Ryans has been disguising essentially every play and it's working to perfection. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Seriously, hats off to Ryans on the game he called and our entire defense for executing. They FORCED Rodgers into bad decisions over and over again. Tartt is an unsung hero of this defense week in and week out. 

Does anyone know how much disguising we were doing with Saleh in the Super Bowl? Ryans has been disguising essentially every play and it's working to perfection. 

Tartt is going to be missed next year! I can’t see a way he’s able to come back. Someone’s going to pay him. Hopefully we can get him a decent offer, but I just think he’s leaving. 

6 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Tartt is going to be missed next year! I can’t see a way he’s able to come back. Someone’s going to pay him. Hopefully we can get him a decent offer, but I just think he’s leaving. 

I'm not convinced he's gone. He may be having the best season of his career all things considered. Everyone still has to account for his injury history, so I don't think that he's a guy that is going to break the bank. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

His cap hit this year is $1.1 mil. They could offer him something similar next year or do the vet salary benefit deal to get cap relief. But, if Tartt decides he wants more money, then yeah, we'd be out of the mix on him.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not convinced he's gone. He may be having the best season of his career all things considered. Everyone still has to account for his injury history, so I don't think that he's a guy that is going to break the bank. 

Unfortunately PFF thinks he sucks and he has a injury history so he's not going to have a big market. Really hope he comes back but if not, then time for Hufanga to take over and for Moore to take his role over. Moore is signed until 2023 or is he also a free agent? 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unfortunately PFF thinks he sucks and he has a injury history so he's not going to have a big market. Really hope he comes back but if not, then time for Hufanga to take over and for Moore to take his role over. Moore is signed until 2023 or is he also a free agent? 

Moore is a free agent. Most of the time, I would consider him a lock to be back on a one year deal, but I'm not going to lie...I'm not sure how much this staff ever liked him lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Moore is a free agent. Most of the time, I would consider him a lock to be back on a one year deal, but I'm not going to lie...I'm not sure how much this staff ever liked him lol 

Hope he returns. Would kind of be a natural replacement for what we will be losing for Tartt. Hufanga steps in for Tartt and then Moore steps in for Hufanga when we move Ward inside in the slot. 

I still have hopes he can be a playmaker and we desperately need that. Once Hufanga starts getting more consistent time, I think he will be able to generate some INTs. We just have to accept as good as Tartt/Ward are, they aren't creating NO turnovers lol. That's actually what this defense is missing from being SUPER elite. If we would be able to force turnovers like the 2019 team, it would be over for the rest of the league. Oh well, can't have everything!

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I said it even while he was DC of the Niners which irritated some Niner fans: Saleh is overrated, will fail as HC, and got by on talent. Ryans is the REAL deal. Dude knows exactly what he's doing. He called one of the most brilliant games ever against the Packers. 

12 minutes ago, Packers2021 said:

You guys aren’t going anywhere. Go Rams next week!

Packers2021 telling the team that eliminated the packers during the 2021 season that they aren't going anywhere is actually really f*cking funny to me 

Lmaoooooo

• Like 2