2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Wouldn’t it be a bummer if we can’t land Bradberry because we don’t have the funds yet - but will have in under a month! 

You’d have to think we’d be right up there as an option for him:

- his previous coach, who he thrived under

- an elite pass rushing duo

- in a highly competitive division and a team on the up

- Vegas taxes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Wouldn’t it be a bummer if we can’t land Bradberry because we don’t have the funds yet - but will have in under a month! 

You’d have to think we’d be right up there as an option for him:

- his previous coach, who he thrived under

- an elite pass rushing duo

- in a highly competitive division and a team on the up

- Vegas taxes

Why couldn't we throw the Giants a 7th to make for certain we landed him? 

I would say the same reason why no other team did. Cause you’re looking to get him into a better contract that sh/t that Gettelman signed him up for

He was gonna have a cap number of about 20 million… Teams are not dumb 

Edited by agarcia34

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would say the same reason why no other team did. Cause you’re looking to get him into a better contract that sh/t that Gettelman signed him up for

He was gonna have a cap number of about 20 million… Teams are not dumb 

I didn't realize we would be locked into 20mil.  Thought it was like 10 or something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't think Raiders have the cap for Bradberry unless it's post June 1. Going to be hard to compete. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hoping he takes a lot of visits and doesn't just immediately sign. 

An insider on twitter said that us and WFT are the two teams to watch. If we sign him to a multi year deal can't we backload it? Could also restructure or cut someone like Good to free up some space potentially. If we want him there are ways that we can make it work now or after June 1.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

An insider on twitter said that us and WFT are the two teams to watch. If we sign him to a multi year deal can't we backload it? Could also restructure or cut someone like Good to free up some space potentially. If we want him there are ways that we can make it work now or after June 1.

We can but how will we resign waller/renfrow then? I actually like our outside CB group. Between Mullen/Ya-sin/Averett, we have 2 reasonably decent starters.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We can but how will we resign waller/renfrow then? I actually like our outside CB group. Between Mullen/Ya-sin/Averett, we have 2 reasonably decent starters.

Mullen and Ya-Sin both have massive amounts of potential, and if they stayed healthy and reached their potential, that is a very good starting corner group. However, they are always extremely inconsistent... and Mullen has injury issues. The smart play would be to draft a CB in the 1st next year and let Mullen go if he can't stay healthy (and play well also). 

Although, Bradberry is definitely tempting... especially if we wanna try our best to win the SB this year. We are on a three year window before contracts get out of hand, and all our key players get up in age.