Where do the 2021 Titans rank among the worst Number 1 seeds ever?

CP3MVP

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers suffered a one and done in the playoffs, but they were monsters in the regular season. They were tops in points scored, 3rd in points against and had the highest point differential by a substantial margin. I don't think that is what OP is really referencing...the 49ers were just a really good team that somehow lost to Minnesota 

I had assumed they used scrubs in a strike year so never mind

They probably don't make the bottom 10

You are going 100% on the results of this game, which was a 3 point loss on a 50+ yard FG at the end.

2011: The 15-1 Packers got blasted.

2010: The 13-3 Falcons lost by 27

2010: The Patriots lost to Mark Sanchez and the Jets

2008: The Giants lost 23-11 to McNabb answering their phone on the sideline

2007: The Cowboys lost 21-17 to the Giants

2005: The Colts lost by 3 to the Steelers even with the ref throwing the game by taking away a legit interception.

2000: The Titans lost by 14 to the Ravens.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers suffered a one and done in the playoffs, but they were monsters in the regular season. They were tops in points scored, 3rd in points against and had the highest point differential by a substantial margin. I don't think that is what OP is really referencing...the 49ers were just a really good team that somehow lost to Minnesota 

Those 49ers won their last 3 regular season games by a combined 124-7

It was a massive upset. Anthony Carter had 10 catches for 227 yards. No one had an answer for him.

They sleepwalked through the 1988 season because it was only about the playoff revenge tour.

They killed the Vikings 34-7, beat the Bears 28-3, and then won that close SB on the late John Taylor TD.

Edited by SkippyX

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

They probably don't make the bottom 10

You are going 100% on the results of this game, which was a 3 point loss on a 50+ yard FG at the end.

2011: The 15-1 Packers got blasted.

2010: The 13-3 Falcons lost by 27

2010: The Patriots lost to Mark Sanchez and the Jets

2008: The Giants lost 23-11 to McNabb answering their phone on the sideline

2007: The Cowboys lost 21-17 to the Giants

2005: The Colts lost by 3 to the Steelers even with the ref throwing the game by taking away a legit interception.

2000: The Titans lost by 14 to the Ravens.

We were saying this the minute they clinched the one seed 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

This sounds familiar. 

I know a lot of metrics put them as worst (DVOA, EPA, etc.), and in some cases it's not even close. And I could see it. I actually think the worst I've seen since I was a fan was the 2000 Giants, but they get points for the fact they did actually still win two games in the postseason. Completely destroyed the Vikings that year (though they also overachieved that season, honestly.) But it just wasn't that talented of a team. It was just kind of an off year for the NFC. Cowboys were crumbling, the GSOT was in that in between year where the defense couldn't do anything and they threw like 25 interceptions, it was one of Favre's bad years, not even the Bucs defense was going to overcome Shaun King, the Saints won their division...somehow. And so you had a Kerry Collins Giants #1 seed.

Off the top of my head it’s harder to think of a worse unit.

Up there in all time disappointing playoff runs ever too imo. Titans beat so many good teams despite all the injuries and setbacks, and still came and took the number one seed, get their best player back, and lose to a team whose QB was sacked what, nine times?

AFC South is the number one division for choking in 2021.