The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

1 minute ago, Norm said:

There's zero point to this conversation other than a flex about knowing some old stat that makes him look like the most long term dedicated fan ever. 

I didn't even think of that, but it's not like that's an obscure stat? They flash it up every time Rodgers goes 200ish attempts without a pick?

The thing that just busts me up about this last game....is how absolutely winnable it was.
I mean damn. I wanna use the wrong word (inexcusable) for the situation...but damn.
Really, really tired of coming close but no cigar - which in my case doesnt require a SB win - just get your *** back there. Ugh!

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Even back then all Packer games were on local TV. If you lived in the area you got to see them all. Also, this thing called record books so you could probably find that on Wikipedia. Although, his name is @40Year Pack Fanwhich only takes him back to the beginning of the 80's. Dude you have to come clean. How did you know that without looking it up?

We moved to Michigan in 1965....But shortly thereafter our local cable company added three Wisconsin stations....WBAY was the CBS affiliate, WLUK was the ABC affiliate, and WFRV was the NBC affiliate....So I watched all the Packer games and Wisconsin news regarding the football team...I remember Bart Starr, Dan Devine, and Forrest Gregg all having their own TV shows when they were HC's....These were on the night following the Sunday game...Now my information is limited mostly to national sports channels as opposed to the local Wisconsin ones we used to receive....

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

We moved to Michigan in 1965....But shortly thereafter our local cable company added three Wisconsin stations....WBAY was the CBS affiliate, WLUK was the ABC affiliate, and WFRV was the NBC affiliate....So I watched all the Packer games and Wisconsin news regarding the football team...I remember Bart Starr, Dan Devine, and Forrest Gregg all having their own TV shows when they were HC's....These were on the night following the Sunday game...Now my information is limited mostly to national sports channels as opposed to the local Wisconsin ones we used to receive....

Dang, you must have lived over on the west end by the Grand Rapids area.  I met my wife in Lansing when she was going to Michigan State.

btw:  Dan Devine's show was boring.  Remember Vince Lombardi's weekly show...they used to go over the previous game and it was great.  Vince had this great smile.  It was almost like watching Bobby Bowden's weekly show at FSU.  That man was a natural born salesman.  While I eventually went to the University of Florida, I loved Bobby Bowden.

17 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Dang, you must have lived over on the west end by the Grand Rapids area.  I met my wife in Lansing when she was going to Michigan State.

btw:  Dan Devine's show was boring.  Remember Vince Lombardi's weekly show...they used to go over the previous game and it was great.  Vince had this great smile.  It was almost like watching Bobby Bowden's weekly show at FSU.  That man was a natural born salesman.  While I eventually went to the University of Florida, I loved Bobby Bowden.

Agree, DD was very uncharismatic and lacked television presence....We lived more NW of GR....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

I'd trade him, but I don't think he's going anywhere.  I think it's going to come down to 2 things.

1.  Does he want to play next year with all the sacrifice and commitment it takes.  

2.  What happens to DaVante Adams.  If he's back either tagged or on a deal and some smaller things happen, I think  Rodgers comes back.

I dont think he has any desire to play anywhere else and start over. I think he understands his role in the cap and what it means for his surrounding cast.   Sounds like it's the Packers or retirement.  JMO.

At this point, it sounds like a trade is way down the list.  JMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

There weren't cable companies in the 60's. You must have moved to the UP. Not even sure people had those big dishes they put outside to try and get reception. 

10 hours ago, NavyGuy said:

Why? Could package 15 and 28 to move up to 10. Or trade back for a 1st rounder next year. Gute has killed the 1st round every year. Giving him 4 first round draft picks to play with would set us up for the next few years. 

Speculation at its finest .. nothing is ever set up for the next few years.  All those picks in one draft isn't the "cats meow" especially if what the Packers are looking for isn't really there.  Drafting the best player available also isn't that feasible either plus those contracts will all come due at the same year.  For Rodgers and Adams to go together the Packers need a ransom of picks not in the same year and a player or two.  

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How would anybody know that? 

Let's give people the benefit of the doubt and say they have elite memory and you have to be about 16 to understand QB characteristics. 

To remember Starr's prime would make you 70. 

Considering the lack of televised games of that era, you would basically have to be a season ticket holder.

That person doesn't exist any more.

I'm 7O, not a season ticket holder, am a stockholder and DO remember that he had a hell of a non interception streak.  😁 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Norm said:

There's zero point to this conversation other than a flex about knowing some old stat that makes him look like the most long term dedicated fan ever. 

That's very true ... however, just pointing out there ARE some of us old guys around that have been Packer fans for a long time and still are able to post on this goofy website.

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, but do you remember if he was putting his own interception streak ahead of team success while doing so?

Hell no, was just happy to watch a game with those egg shell helmets and goal posts they ran into.  Could have cared less about any interception streak .. this is a goofy argument to begin with.