NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Does this not look like Ramsey is baiting the throw here, @J-ALL-DAY

If you pause it at 13 seconds, Aiyuk is very open. If you pause it at 14 seconds, Ramsey has turned his hips and has identified the crossing route coming into his zone at the same time Jimmy sees Aiyuk 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

If you pause it at 13 seconds, Aiyuk is very open. If you pause it at 14 seconds, Ramsey has turned his hips and has identified the crossing route coming into his zone at the same time Jimmy sees Aiyuk 

I mean Ramsey was covering his guy initially but look at when Jimmy pulls the trigger. That's horrible lol. He doesn't have the type of arm to make those types of throws anyways. 

Just frustrated of all the misses this game. Had a lot of open receivers all game long. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nice thread but honestly you can say every week that Aiyuk should have had a much bigger game lol. The man is just always open and makes plays in close quarters so it doesn't make much sense why Jimmy looks him off so much. Oh well, hope Trey gives Aiyuk plenty of chances to make big plays next season. 

In that thread he breaks down the play I was talking about earlier in this thread. He had Deebo in the flat with Mitchell out the backfield for short gains. But the play was either Aiyuk wide open over the middle or Juice wide open down the sideline. Either guy goes for min 20 yards on that play. Those type of misses cost u gms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nice thread but honestly you can say every week that Aiyuk should have had a much bigger game lol. The man is just always open and makes plays in close quarters so it doesn't make much sense why Jimmy looks him off so much. Oh well, hope Trey gives Aiyuk plenty of chances to make big plays next season. 

🔥 🔥 

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Expecting a big year from him in 22... every time I saw LA go with that single high safety look, I hoped they would go over the top with #11.. with Lance I think we will see more of those deep shots 

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Seeing this again, it just looks like a really smart play. Jennings went out of bounds, which I had not seen before. Knowing that Jennings basically made himself ineligible by going out of bounds Ramsey could drop the coverage and make a move on Aiyuk.   

56 minutes ago, N4L said:

That has been my point lately. It's a tough job to be asked to convert third downs all game long. It's always more apparent when you fail to convert. It's easier when the running game goes well, of course, but I think Jimmy has had a difficult task thrust onto him. Now, is that because he's not a good enough passer to justify using more first downs throwing the ball? That argument could be made. But I think Kyle could have used more balance at times. Some games, Kyle is really on his play calling game, and the ratio is ideal, and we're rolling. But I guess that some games, he's either not on the money, or his QB kills his rhythm... well, let's hope a superior QB will lead to superior play calling!

I just read about Bill Walsh and how he liked to throw on first down. If a run play averages 4 yards, and a pass play averages 7 yards, 2nd and 3 opens up the playbook a lot more than 2nd and 6. Our better games happened when our running game often had 6-7 yards run on first down. It just makes everything else easier. But if you don't trust your QB to consistently get you that 7 yards on a pass play, and he struggles to convert third and longs (which, to Jimmy's credit, he was above average at times), then you start running more and more and hope to wear down the defense.

I'm sure that Jimmy can play far better statistical football, in another system. But that won't mean he'll be more successful. 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Raheem letting us know what happened on the play where 75 and 60 ran into each other

Yeah, that's what I figured what happened. Thought Tomlinson just didn't hear the play. Crazy how that play ended up pretty much ending our season and we thought for a second it was due to the play Shanny drew up LOL. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, that's what I figured what happened. Thought Tomlinson just didn't hear the play. Crazy how that play ended up pretty much ending our season and we thought for a second it was due to the play Shanny drew up LOL. 

and that was with 50% ram fans maybe even less 😂 sofi is electric. Roman colosseum vibes