NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, sherm said:

That photo on the left seems to have a wr(Aiyuk?) up the seam with inside wr looking to hold the S. Have to see the all 22 but if he didn't want the 2 easy throws he could have taken a shot there. Oh well. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if a safety was there or not on that one. But inexcusable to not throw it to Kittle off his breaks. There was enough separation there where the throw wouldn't have been a risky one. 

28 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Think it’s perfect. Don’t do it don’t do it then boom do it. Obviously it worked and caught the Niners by surprised.. One of those I’ll break my bones to kill you things 😂 or the Vietnamese when they would rush armed soldiers all coked out 😂 try and slash 2 of them before a rain of bullets them. Where you surprised that the run game was shut down completely?

Yes and No. I mean, I was surprised by how badly it was shut down, but I always expect teams to attack our run game because the QB we have can't work around it. But 2.5 yards per carry is pretty gnarly. That first game against you we were pretty inefficient but I think it was still a yard more per carry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It wasn't even a bait, just a total dumb decision by Jimmy to try to force it to Aiyuk there lol. Bad things happen when he gets on the run and tries to pass it.

Aiyuk was definitely open coming on a crossing route and ramsey was covering someone else and saw Aiyuk come open, ready Jimmy's eyes, and waited until the ball was thrown to make a break on Aiyuk.

Jimmy threw it super late, on the run. Maybe he didnt have a window to throw it earlier, but I think he straight up didnt see him until he was already open, and then Ramsey did a good job of closing the window very fast and making a play on the ball.

By my definition, thats baiting a QB into a throw because from what I saw, Ramsey saw Aiyuk before Jimmy lol 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if a safety was there or not on that one. But inexcusable to not throw it to Kittle off his breaks. There was enough separation there where the throw wouldn't have been a risky one. 

Crazy these throws don't seem to be difficult throws for your avg starting QB.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

One of the worst misses I recall from that game is when Jimmy tried to throw a pick to Ramsey, Jennings was like 10 yards up field WIDE open. That would have been a 40+ yard play if he hit Jennings. 

I think Jalen gambled looking at the QB eyes and jumped the inside route. If Jimmy looking at Jennings from jump not sure how open he would have been. Though it was a safer play than the throw he made.

Just now, sherm said:

Crazy these throws don't seem to be difficult throws for your avg starting QB.

I think Jalen gambled looking at the QB eyes and jumped the inside route. If Jimmy looking at Jennings from jump not sure how open he would have been. Though it was a safer play than the throw he made.

I only watched the play live, but he looked so open it wasn't funny. I think it was probably another case of Jimmy locking in on the guy he wanted to go to tbh. I think if he hadn't already decided he was going to Aiyuk he still had time to hit Jennings down the field. Watching it live made me want to pull my hair out. 

• Like 2

And one other thing I was thinking about today while mulling over the game..

I was relatively surprised by how little Shanny used tempo with Jimmy throughout the reg season and playoffs. 

Jimmy seems kind of dialed in on 2 min situations for the most part and seems to make clearer reads when going no huddle and can see the defense scrambling around to get into position. And especially with a front like the Lambs, I felt a little tempo/no huddle mixed in here and there could have maybe help migate some of their pass-rush and run blitzes. Oh well...

Just now, 757-NINER said:

And one other thing I was thinking about today while mulling over the game..

I was relatively surprised by how little Shanny used tempo with Jimmy throughout the reg season and playoffs. 

Jimmy seems kind of dialed in on 2 min situations for the most part and seems to make clearer reads when going no huddle and can see the defense scrambling around to get into position. And especially with a front like the Lambs, I felt a little tempo/no huddle mixed in here and there could have maybe help migate some of their pass-rush and run blitzes. Oh well...

You have to have a 1st down before you start doing tempo and we didn't have many of them. That and with how much our defense was on the field already it would have been very risky.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

You have to have a 1st down before you start doing tempo and we didn't have many of them. That and with how much our defense was on the field already it would have been very risky.

Agreed. I love mixing speeds, but our defense was getting worn down and we needed to control the clock 

Side note: time for you to get an avatar my friend! Dynasty fantasy champ needs an avy 

• Like 1

Trent basically credited Mike McDaniel for thinking about getting him in motion. I'm pretty sure McDaniel came up with the inside tosses as well. I have no idea what kind of head coach he will be, but no doubt he was very innovative with the run game. Will be interesting what Shanny does without his right hand man for over 10 years. 

• Like 2