NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Shanny was now the coach of the team that gave up the biggest 4th quarter super bowl comeback and the coach of the team that gave up the biggest 4th quarter NFC conference championship comeback

Lol woof

And the offensive coordinator of the team that gave up the biggest super bowl comeback.

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

All in all, good season. 

Can't complain. 

Really just have to hope that Trey is the real deal

Last year was a blur. Re-signing so many core players. Making the trade up to 3. A whole month of speculation. The excitement in taking a high potential QB with Lance. Watching his and the teams progress in camp & TC. Starting the season rough at 3-5. Ending the season at 9-3 with all 3 losses by a combined 13 points. Along the way winning 3 straight road games against teams with 12+ wins which is a record i believe. Coming 1 FG away from making our 2nd SB in 3 years.

It was quite a roller coaster. We'll have some roster turnover but we have a lot of great core players locked up or about to be for the foreseeable future. Lance made a lot of growth from his first to second start and looks ready to start. The offense looks poised to take that next step. Good coaching staff. 

Gona miss watching Niner games and NFL Football in general. Its by far my favourite sport. There's nothing quite like vegging out and watching redzone for 6 hours, or the intensity and focus of a niners game. We're only guaranteed 17 days a year with niner football and i miss these days dearly in the offseason

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Donald typically is a one gap slasher but tonight they had him just holding his ground and not shooting up field, and that wasn't letting us get anything going up the middle. Mack and brunskill are not strong enough to move him. They had good gap discipline

The Rams then started firing off the ball later in the game when we would line up in shotgun because Jimmy is useless with play action. That was one big change we made during this season, we had Jimmy throw from the shotgun without play action because he was struggling with turning his back to the defense. He wouldn't pick up coverages and would throw it right to the defense. He was a spread QB in college so it honestly makes sense to some degree, but play action is a HUGE part of Kyle's offense. 

So at the end of the game when we were tipping our hand a bit, the Rams were firing off the ball and getting up field and it made Garoppolo run for his life. He is so bad at throwing on the run. 

He had a pretty good game but there were plays for him to make that he didn't. Ultimately we needed more from him earlier in the game. 

That first pass to Kittle needs to get completed. I saw Garoppolo throw that exact pass in warmups 25 times. The exact same f*cking pass. If kittle catches that, he probably scores a TD and the game is completely different. Smfh why does he miss wide open layups so often??? Kyle caught them with their pants down and Jimmy missed the goddamn throw. That changes the whole game. 

Rams went all in. Obj was the difference. He was such an upgrade over Robert woods. They kept getting easy chunk passes with him. We could have had that guy. He was a free agent. We were bad at the time though and he was honestly a better fit with them, but it's crazy how he just became available and they got him for free and he got them over the hump. 

weddle was a huge factor in this game and he made a bunch of tackles that would have gone for 5+ more yards if he wasn't in the right spot. Crazy he came back for them and played like that. Dudes always been a stud, gotta respect it 

In the past we have had a reluctancy to go all in and it's time to shove the f*cking chips into the center of the table. This is an arms race and we better cash in those bullets we have saved up 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

This team has so much heart. We are so physical.

Going on the road so much was killer. Early bye week, then we played 7 of our last 9 games on the road. Brutal. 

We were banged up. We wore ourselves down but also our physicality was a huge reason why we made it to the NFC championship game.

Kyle will get unfairly blamed but the Rams out executed us in the fourth quarter and he did what he could. He used his timeouts correctly, managed the clock very well at the end of the 2Q. He got us a lead. I would have gone for that fourth down, but also the Rams next play was the dropped int and that's where things shifted in the Rams favor. He almost got bailed out for the wrong call so it's hard to say which one was worse. 

If we go for it there and convert, we kick a FG at least and go up 20-14. Game changer. If tartt catches the pass, no one is even thinking about the fourth down, but we would have had to go the length of the field to score. 

Pumped to see Trey next year. The fact we have a QB on the roster already and it's an absolute certainty he will start for us makes this loss more bearable. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

Before the Rams made a comeback from down 17-7 on Sunday, McVay’s teams were 0-14 when trailing by 10 or more entering the fourth quarter. Shanahan-coached teams were 23-1 when leading by 10 entering the fourth, with the only other loss coming against the Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV.

https://theathletic.com/3102038/2022/01/30/elite-company-for-joe-burrow-and-sean-mcvay-plus-other-seven-other-nfl-conference-championship-stats/

We really save our worst for the most important games 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Overall, the OL blocked very well vs that front all things considered. Eventually they got through but we had Trent on a grade 2 high ankle sprain and Compton on the other side. Brunskill once again did a fine job on Donald. I really can't complain with how the OL played. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

This team has so much heart. We are so physical.

Going on the road so much was killer. Early bye week, then we played 7 of our last 9 games on the road. Brutal. 

We were banged up. We wore ourselves down but also our physicality was a huge reason why we made it to the NFC championship game.

Kyle will get unfairly blamed but the Rams out executed us in the fourth quarter and he did what he could. He used his timeouts correctly, managed the clock very well at the end of the 2Q. He got us a lead. I would have gone for that fourth down, but also the Rams next play was the dropped int and that's where things shifted in the Rams favor. He almost got bailed out for the wrong call so it's hard to say which one was worse. 

If we go for it there and convert, we kick a FG at least and go up 20-7. Game changer. If tartt catches the pass, no one is even thinking about the fourth down, but we would have had to go the length of the field to score. 

Pumped to see Trey next year. The fact we have a QB on the roster already and it's an absolute certainty he will start for us makes this loss more bearable. 

Nah, it was 17-14 as we allowed a TD right after the Kittle TD. That was actually the killer. We let the Rams score way too easily and quickly after going up 10. Al-Shaair had a huge taunting penalty. Next year the team HAS to be better in terms of penalties. We had three taunting or personal foul penalties. Unacceptable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Overall, the OL blocked very well vs that front all things considered. Eventually they got through but we had Trent on a grade 2 high ankle sprain and Compton on the other side. Brunskill once again did a fine job on Donald. I really can't complain with how the OL played. 

Agreed. I just think it's as simple as Jimmy didn't see the field well on a couple of critical dropbacks. And we all know he's God-awful when he has to eascape and throw outside the pocket. 

It's just ironic that his best statistical playoff game ends up as a loss. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, it was 17-14 as we allowed a TD right after the Kittle TD. That was actually the killer. We let the Rams score way too easily and quickly after going up 10. Al-Shaair had a huge taunting penalty. Next year the team HAS to be better in terms of penalties. We had three taunting or personal foul penalties. Unacceptable. 

Yeah the Ward one especially. Like there's just no way to dive head first into a guy already on the ground. There was no chance of you diving for a PD. Just tap the guy down and and go to the next play.

I think Al-Shaair one was just bogus. From the reply it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary. Don't know what was said but that was as ticky-tack as it gets.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Agreed. I just think it's as simple as Jimmy didn't see the field well on a couple of critical dropbacks. And we all know he's God-awful when he has to eascape and throw outside the pocket. 

It's just ironic that his best statistical playoff game ends up as a loss. 

He's just so immobile back there and can't throw at all on the run. Rams have a great front so not fair to expect them to be stopped all game long.

We all have said this OL is much better in the run compared to the pass, especially in obvious passing situations. Just terrible execution all around in the last two offensive possessions. 

• Like 2

Yeah that sucked. I think it was when we were up 17-7? and I looked at the stats and saw that we weren't running/running with much success. I didn't like that but hey we were up so no big deal right?

Overall, We did better than my expectations which was just a WC appereance. Just sucks that the Chiefs lost and we would of had a great chance at beating the bengals. Oh well.

If lance is the real deal then we are ok......