NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Jimmy's 4th quarter was eerily similar to his SB 4th quarter lol. 

If Lance is the real deal, this team is going to have a 3-4 year of window of being top contenders. 

Disappointing end to a hell of a finish to the season. Team has so much heart and fight. 

• Like 4

Lol at all these cowboy and packer trolls alts coming here. We sent you packing with our garbage qb. 

Congrats to the Rams. We overachieved this season, fought hard and in general just so happy with the core of the team. There is alot to look forward to in future years. Shanny for lifetime contract as far as I'm concerned.

Jimmy, wish you nothing but success going forward but ready for a change.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, adamq said:

He has to evolve and go for it once in awhile.. maybe it was a lack of trust in Jimmy or the OL, but we need to be more aggressive 

It's hard to be aggressive when the running game isn't working and you're trying to manage the types of situations you put your mistake-prone QB in. Kyle has been walking a tight-rope with Jimmy for quite awhile now in regards to how aggressive he can and needs to be in a tight game.

While I would love Kyle to be more aggressive in certain situations, I also understand what he's working with. I get the thought behind punting the ball and relying on your defense, who has carried the load for most of this post-season. And if Tartt doesn't drop a gimmie, this whole narrative is unsubstantiated. 

My problem with this loss is defensively, letting the Kupp destroy your secondary for the third time. I just don't understand not bracketing him and doubling on key downs. Make Stafford beat you with anyone else but him. Dont care if it's OBJ, Jefferson, whoever. Just dont let Kupp repeatedly abuse Williams and no adjustment.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

Good game, fellas. Y'all had a hell of a year and put up a great fight. I'm scared to see what you can be with Trey Lance's physical talent. Glad we finally figured out a way to pull it out at the end against y'all. Not looking forward to playing y'all again next year. Cheers.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Good game, fellas. Y'all had a hell of a year and put up a great fight. I'm scared to see what you can be with Trey Lance's physical talent. Glad we finally figured out a way to pull it out at the end against y'all. Not looking forward to playing y'all again next year. Cheers.

Congrats! You guys played a good game and deserved to win. 

• Like 1

Man, our three NFCCG losses have been so brutal. 

Lose to the Giants on two muffed punts. 

Lose to the Seahawks at the end on a game ending INT. 

Lose to the Rams up 10 in the 4th quarter and being unable to get it done at the end. 

Being in the NFCCG game 5 times in 11 years is pretty amazing but we have to finish one of these off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lose to the Rams up 10 in the 4th quarter and being unable to get it done at the end. 

Being in the NFCCG game 5 times in 11 years is pretty amazing but we have to finish one of these off. 

Nightmares right there. Dang, it hurts. 

5 NFC championship games is an amazing feat within a decade. But we have 0 rings out of it. Sucks so bad... ugh sadness

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We literally don't make the playoffs or reach at least the NFCCG, nothing else lol

Gona be tough to get back though. Lot of good players need contract extensions which will make it hard to keep a bunch of other good players who are FA's. Lance & Shanny will really need to make up for some of the subtractions we're going to have. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The main theme with the majority of those teams is great defenses and running game was the catalyst for their success but inconsistent QB play from the pocket let us down in the most critical moments. If we can finally get the QB position solved, we should be able to break through.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also, sports is so much more pain that it is reward

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

U just had to bring all of them up at the same time…😔

Feel the room lol

Edited by StevenK

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Also, sports is so much more pain that it is reward

I'm disappointed we lost but I'm not enraged like our SB losses or our previous NFCCG defeats. 

Part of it was because it was going to be extremely tough beating that team three times. And the fact that I really didn't expect us to get this far so it was more of happy-go-lucky kind of thing for me. 

I mean we had our chances. Just didn't rise up in those critical moments like we had the previous 3 weeks. It sucks but having Lance in the fold also reminds me that better days are in store offensively (hopefully) for us.

My only gripe is I think we squandered a great opportunity for #6 with the Bengals knocking off a Chiefs team that I dont think we match up well against. I will be shock if the Bengals make it close against LA.

Edited by 757-NINER