NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

This. Also him not getting aggressive for a TD before the half. Let 20 seconds go off for a fg. Rams 24 yard line with a timeout. That could have been a huge turn in this gm if we score before and after half. Left those 2 possessions with 3 pts.

We just have to hope with Lance he will start getting more aggressive and going for the gusto. I know he wants to protect Jimmy from Jimmy at times but you can't win this way .

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny has to where this one a bit

He should have gone for it on 4th and 2, but I don't remember having an issue with him punting it in other situations. Wasn't one of them like 4th and 9? I can't recall the other. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He should have gone for it on 4th and 2, but I don't remember having an issue with him punting it in other situations. Wasn't one of them like 4th and 9? I can't recall the other

4th and 6 from the Rams 40. We kicked it and the Rams scored a touchdown lol

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny is going to have to put this one back in the lab and work on it some more lol

Bro, I'm dead. Imagine being the LB trying to read those keys. And Greg Gaines is standing there like, "WTF is this?" And then the HB has the same realization and just says, "F it, maybe I can run through Gaines to get a yard."

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but he's naturally conservative just like McVay. Doesn't make sense but not sure if it will ever change either.

The way the Rams were blitzing through the A and B gaps to stop the run would not be nearly as effective with a running threat at QB. Really can't wait to see this offense once Lance truly gets "it." The offense could be stupid good and carry the team when need be.

Even though he dropped that gimme INT, I really hope Tartt is back. When he is back there with Ward, the communication is just insane and the pass defense usually limits the big plays.

One adjustment I was looking from Ryans was putting Ward on Kupp on money downs and we did not see that for some reason. Really curious to hear why not. 

Some of Ambry Thomas' rawness was on display, especially in zone defense and not getting enough depth. But I liked how he competed and he started to shut down the deep throws to the sideline when they were a huge problem for him to start the season. 

Before the combine and free agency, but what do you guys prefer to do with our 2nd round pick? Which is going to be like #58 lol.

My outlook is that every HC has flaws you're going to have to live with. Shanahan's good outweighs the bad.

• Like 3

Good game. I know its going to sting but the good thing is that yall can move forward with Trey Lance and I think if he can live up to his potential yall are going to be scary. Yall arent going away with that defense, that running game, with Kittle and Deebo and Aiyuk and of course Kyle calling the shots. Jimmy G in the biggest game blew a 10pt lead twice. He did it in the Superbowl in the 4th and he did it tonight in the NFCCG. Yes the Niners win with Jimmy G but he isnt the difference maker. The Rams won bc of Stafford, the Bengals won bc of Burrow, the Chiefs win bc of Mahomes, the Bills win bc of Allen, the Ravens win bc of Lamar, the Chargers win bc of Herbert. You cant keep rolling out there a QB that yes he wins when he is starting but the team runs the ball 30+ times and the defense plays lights out and Gould is a superb kicker and expect to constantly win like that especially when the stakes are super high like there were tonight.

So again I know it stings but moving forward if Lance is anything like we think he could be then the Niners moving forward will be scary bc he will be the type of QB that can actually go out there and win games for the Niners. He can go out there and flat out ball out if the team cant run the ball effectively or the defense is having trouble getting off the field. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny was now the coach of the team that gave up the biggest 4th quarter super bowl comeback and the coach of the team that gave up the biggest 4th quarter NFC conference championship comeback

Lol woof

I will say I don’t thunk to this game is that bad in that regard, ans I’m surprised the record was 9 points.