NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Then when he got moved inside, he's been insane good. But is that enough to put him over Bucker for this year? 

The funny thing is, Buckner has not played as well this year because the Colts have been playing him at DE lol 

They have the length/height that a lot of teams look for in DEs and are considered tweeners for that reason. Ive always thought the two of them together were better suited for an odd man front. They dont have the speed or bend to win to the outside when they are lined up at the end of the line. Both guys have the most success when they use their length and get leverage under people's pads. Its why Buckners swim move is so deadly, he gets under your pads enough times that you start to reach and then he goes over the top and you cant get a hand on him. That type of move works way better on the inside. 

Armstead should never have been playing so many snaps at DE. He was never a DE. Buckner isnt a DE. AA did it because he could stuff the run and because Dee Ford couldnt play every snap. We neglected DE for so long and it forced us to play him out of position. It really is no surprise that he has started to get to the QB once he actually went back to his more natural position. 

Armstead has such violent hands. I remember being very impressed by his hands during his rookie season. Weve seen those hands the last few weeks. He has straight up thrown OLman off of him and made his move on the QB. He isnt playing around and I love it. That energy is contagious. The whole DL is bringing it right now and its just a special group. 

I saw @Forge talking about Kinlaw earlier and I think the biggest concern was always the knee. The same knee that is causing him to miss this NFCCG. We burned a year of his rookie deal this year with this, but you cant doubt the guys physical ability. He is a large, powerful, athletic human being. Kocurek molding this raw claw into a devastating game wrecker is absolutely within the realm of possibilities. 

I have wanted to sign DJJ to a long term deal since 2019. Please pay that man. He flashes so frequently. Someone is going to pay him, please let it be us. Use some of that Jimmy G savings on him lol 

All three guys can co-exist on the interior DL in 2022. We have prioritized spending assets on the interior DL. Lets not stop now. Keep it as a strength.

Mo Hurst may come back this year. He may be a viable alternative/in addition to this offseason if someone pays DJJ more than we are willing/can afford. Would love to see him get into the rotation simply to keep guys fresh for the end of the game

As for the actual NFCCG, this game is going to be a body bag game. The rams are a damn good football team. They know our gameplan will be to out muscle them. We will continue to exploit them on the edges. Third down Jimmy needs to come to play early. 

Trent Williams ankle is the number one thing to monitor this week imo. Pulling Trent Williams seems to be on the menu and its devastating. He must love doing it because he might as well be throwing defenders out of the game. Hes a freight train. 

Von miller has started to flash like peak Von Miller and its a bit intimidating to see him and Donald on the same DL if we dont have Trent Williams at LT. I like Jalen Moore and I guess he isnt comfortable playing RT or something because we continue to roll out Tom Compton at RT. Tom couldnt handle the bull rush last week, but the rams DEs are built for speed and so he may actually go back to being serviceable this week lol 

I am not overly concerned about the rams defense as much as I am the health of Jimmy. He was ok for a time last week but honestly Trey should have played the fourth quarter, at least. Compton getting whooped and Jimmy's lack of mobility + lack of arm strength was hurting us and we were lucky he didnt throw more interceptions with how the ball was floating in the air. Made my heart skip a beat more than once. He was getting hit a lot.

Before the game last week, I wanted to start Trey from the jump to let Jimmy get healthy for the rams. If Jimmy's shoulder is/gets injured, Kyle cant hesitate to pull him this time. I dont want to lay an egg offensively in the NFCCG because Jimmy tries to tough it out when he is clearly not right. Last week he can get a bit of a mulligan because of the conditions and the drops, and BECAUSE WE WON THE GAME but this has become a different animal from last week to this week. If his arm isnt right and hes making those kinds of throws in a dome, its time to pull him. 

In DeMeco Ryans we trust. In Kris Kocurek we trust. In Nicky B and the boys we trust. Lets hit stafford so hard his wife has to leave the stadium. 

In week 18, the Rams knew they had to match physicality with the 49ers and still operate their core offense at the same time. When the game started, the juices were flowing for the Rams and they we trying, and for the most part, successfully imposing their physicality on the 49ers. But they couldn't keep it up. It faded by the 2nd half. It's not ingrained in their makeup. They're a fast and finesse team. 

The onus is on the Rams, again, to match physicality for a full 4 quarters. If they do that, they probably win. But again, it's not in their nature to do that. The Niners can play Rams football, but the Rams can't play Niners football. 

I hate that we have to play them a 3rd time this year. There are only so many times you can beat a team. But there is no reason at this point that the 49ers can't win this game and go back to the SB. 

I sound like a broken record but it is insane how every damn fanbase thinks they have a talent advantage over the Niners. L-O-L, maybe it is the Jimmy factor but no clue why that keeps being repeated. 

The Pro Bowl caliber players on the team: Kittle, Williams, Warner, Ward, Deebo, Armstead, Tomlinson, Bosa, Juice and Gould. Then you have damn good, rock solid guys in Tartt, Al-Shaair, Grenlaw, DJ Jones, Mitchell, Aiyuk and Mack. Seriously, what are we even doing here? Lol.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I sound like a broken record but it is insane how every damn fanbase thinks they have a talent advantage over the Niners. L-O-L, maybe it is the Jimmy factor but no clue why that keeps being repeated. 

The Pro Bowl caliber players on the team: Kittle, Williams, Warner, Ward, Deebo, Armstead, Tomlinson, Bosa, Juice and Gould. Then you have damn good, rock solid guys in Tartt, Al-Shaair, Grenlaw, DJ Jones, Mitchell, Aiyuk and Mack. Seriously, what are we even doing here? Lol.

You're not wrong. QB's skew everything positively or negatively when talking about an entire team. It's really hard to find a group of offensive weapons better than the 49ers. They're out there for sure, but there aren't many. Jimmy definitely holds them back a bit, especially with the injuries, but you have to give Jimmy some credit for how he's carried himself for the last 3 weeks.

And our defense is getting criminally slept on right now. The story of the past 3 weeks has been the epic meltdowns of Stafford, Prescott, and Rodgers. But it's always forgotten what caused those meltdowns. 

I honestly don't really care if this trend continues. It's more fun to be the underdog that people don't respect than be the favorite. 

Also, I think our coaching staff is definitely top 5 in the NFL and right now, and they're carrying themselves like they're the top dog.

• Like 1

Ryans is very good but there was really no reason to call that double safety blitz on the last 3rd down. It ended up fooling Rodgers but it was not worth the risk. You are not getting to Rodgers that far out and you leave the middle of the field wide open. Rodgers hits Lazard and we are talking about that defensive call for months. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ryans is very good but there was really no reason to call that double safety blitz on the last 3rd down. It ended up fooling Rodgers but it was not worth the risk. You are not getting to Rodgers that far out and you leave the middle of the field wide open. Rodgers hits Lazard and we are talking about that defensive call for months. 

I appreciate the dig from KP lol

"Packers Young QB" lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N4L said:

I have wanted to sign DJJ to a long term deal since 2019. Please pay that man. He flashes so frequently. Someone is going to pay him, please let it be us. Use some of that Jimmy G savings on him lol 

Those Jimmy G savings should be going to Bosa + Deebo. Then there's still Tomlinson who is a free agent, Tartt, Key, Hurst, Willis, Brunskill, Street, Al-Shaair. I'd expect them to bring JV back on an incentive deal. 

Guys like Compton, Mostert, Wilson, Dwelley I would expect to mostly be gone, but I do believe that this team should kick the tires on a Compton and Mostert return. 

Ebukam is likely a cut even with his strong finish just because he saves nearly 7 million and Ford saves 7 post 6/1, but then you're also pretty thin on the edge after mkaing those moves. I guess McG gets an extension to lower his 10 million dollar hit, which is uninspiring but probably a necessary evil. I don't think that we can afford to cut Mack, so then you're really looking more into restructuring high base salary guys like AA and Kittle. 

I just don't think that you can shell out for DJJ

• Like 2

I haven't missed a Niners game in probably 11 years or so.  But, this weekend, I have to go to San Diego for work.  I'm hoping I'll be able to find a feed of some kind on my phone, but I may not be able to hear anything due to server room noise and the boss(who hates sports) will probably frown upon me looking at my phone every 10 seconds.  In any case, I'm going to miss a lot of this game, if not all of it.  **super sad face**

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I haven't missed a Niners game in probably 11 years or so.  But, this weekend, I have to go to San Diego for work.  I'm hoping I'll be able to find a feed of some kind on my phone, but I may not be able to hear anything due to server room noise and the boss(who hates sports) will probably frown upon me looking at my phone every 10 seconds.  In any case, I'm going to miss a lot of this game, if not all of it.  **super sad face**

Yahoo sports app and one wireless earbud in the ear he can't see 😉

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ataal said:

So what you are trying to say is that if we lose, its your fault?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

We need a stat for how tough Cheffers crew is when there is more opposing fans than home. Might play well for the Rams.

You may be on to something there lol. But seeing how many penalties we commit on a weekly basis and how that crew throws more flags than anyone else? Lawd have mercy!