Sean Payton stepping away from Saints

CBears019

Does Coach Payton have any weaknesses? What I mean is we’re there any reoccurring soft spots on the team? For example was there any specific group like O-Line or LB’s that were horrible for years on end or maybe he hired a new OC/DC every year or 2? Just curious, asking for a friend really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Dallas....kick McCarthy into touch and pick up Sean immediately.

I've heard he's always had a thing for Dallas. He'd be great for you

Yes and send three 1st rd picks to NO please for each of the years they have him under contract. 👍

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bruh, that still doesn't make it respectable.

But it does make it hypocritical singling out 1 team and lose draft picks for it.

Same thing with the covid protocols. 1 team and 1 team only lost picks. With a few teams being multiple offenders.

Many speculate this is part of the reason he is burnt out. There are numerous instances where only 1 team (Saints) get punished while others slide. 

And dont get me wrong my rant is not saying Saints shouldnt be punished. I just want to see teams treated equal across the board. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sauce Castillo said:

But it does make it hypocritical singling out 1 team and lose draft picks for it.

Same thing with the covid protocols. 1 team and 1 team only lost picks. With a few teams being multiple offenders.

Many speculate this is part of the reason he is burnt out. There are numerous instances where only 1 team (Saints) get punished while others slide. 

And dont get me wrong my rant is not saying Saints shouldnt be punished. I just want to see teams treated equal across the board. 

I agree with you about singling out one team.  Anyone who gets caught should get the same punishment. 

As far as the Covid protocols, rules are rules (even if they are ridiculously stupid rules as these have been), and they need to be enforced equally.

Payton absolutely deserved the punishment he received for Bountygate, but I agree with you that punishment should be meted out equally for anyone who is caught doing the same thing.  Favoritism = injustice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Does Coach Payton have any weaknesses? What I mean is we’re there any reoccurring soft spots on the team? For example was there any specific group like O-Line or LB’s that were horrible for years on end or maybe he hired a new OC/DC every year or 2? Just curious, asking for a friend really.

Defense optional. Up until the last 2 to 3 years, the Saints defense under Payton was horrible. Offense would put up 40, and the defense would give up 41. 

He also has a habit of abandoning the run in favor of going pass happy, even if it's working. 

He will also outsmart himself from time to time. (Because he's an offensive guru genius 🙄) 4th and inches? Guaranteed to see some exotic complicated play that goes for -1 🤦‍♂️

Overall great coach though, and his trolling is 5 star gold. He will definitely be missed. Can't really blame him though. The Saints have kicked this can down the road for a decade. There's no can left to kick anymore.

Edited by SWATcha
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Recently he's a lot more rounded and lets his staff do their jobs. He isn't the control freak he used to be. That has helped cover up his weaknesses.

He's an ******* who hates the refs and they hate him, he hates Goodell and Goodell hates him. The Saints weren't cut any slack and Payton won't ever be, wherever he goes. That's definitely something that will always be working against him. However when he's your coach you'll overlook it, or you should. You'll laugh when he calls a timeout to scream at an official, and when he does it again 6 minutes later cause he feels like maybe the ref didn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

His biggest weakness is his "vision" players. He has these fever dreams or something and gets completely hooked on a prospect, or a prototype he's looking for. Everyone has seen it with Taysom but there were lots of lesser known guys who Payton tried forcing into a role or position because that was the "vision" he had for them. He's done it forever. If he's in a presser during the offseason and starts talking about his vision, you can almost certainly write that player off as a soon to be disappointment.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

He also has a habit of abandoning the run in favor of going pass happy, even if it's working. 

I think he's broken himself of this, other than 2019 when Brees had the best passer rating of his career.

2021 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 4th

2020 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 5th

2019 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 20th (Brees highest passer rating)

2018 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 5th 

2018 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 13th 

Edited by Dome

14 hours ago, Dome said:

Recently he's a lot more rounded and lets his staff do their jobs. He isn't the control freak he used to be. That has helped cover up his weaknesses.

He's an ******* who hates the refs and they hate him, he hates Goodell and Goodell hates him. The Saints weren't cut any slack and Payton won't ever be, wherever he goes. That's definitely something that will always be working against him. However when he's your coach you'll overlook it, or you should. You'll laugh when he calls a timeout to scream at an official, and when he does it again 6 minutes later cause he feels like maybe the ref didn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

His biggest weakness is his "vision" players. He has these fever dreams or something and gets completely hooked on a prospect, or a prototype he's looking for. Everyone has seen it with Taysom but there were lots of lesser known guys who Payton tried forcing into a role or position because that was the "vision" he had for them. He's done it forever. If he's in a presser during the offseason and starts talking about his vision, you can almost certainly write that player off as a soon to be disappointment.

I am perfectly ok with him hating Goodell(more like Baddell), thank you for the insight! It is much appreciated. 

16 hours ago, Dome said:

I think he's broken himself of this, other than 2019 when Brees had the best passer rating of his career.

2021 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 4th

2020 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 5th

2019 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 20th (Brees highest passer rating)

2018 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 5th 

2018 Rushing Play Percentage Rank: 13th 

Maybe. Those are also all noodle arm Brees years and this year was, well, this year. I feel like his normal play calling style may of been somewhat crippled lol. It would be interesting to see what he would/could do with an offense like the Cowboys.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

You'll laugh when he calls a timeout to scream at an official, and when he does it again 6 minutes later cause he feels like maybe the ref didn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

😂😂😂 Just thinking of all the times this happened made me LOL while reading this. Thanks @Dome

Just note, after you laugh, you'll cry soon after when you're in the 4th wishing you had those timeouts!