Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

I found the Boone interview that someone posted really enlightening. I'm going to be hopeful that Harbaugh's grown since his first gig in the NFL, and that Kwesi is following through on his message from the press conference. 

sign me up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I found the Boone interview that someone posted really enlightening. I'm going to be hopeful that Harbaugh's grown since his first gig in the NFL, and that Kwesi is following through on his message from the press conference. 

sign me up.

I'll sign that as well. 

42 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

On one hand it is hard for me to believe that someone like Harbaugh would be fine giving up control, but on the other hand I can see him being burnt out of roster management and "recruiting" after 6 years at Michigan and just wanting to get back to what he enjoys. 

Are we sure this isn't just creating more leverage for Harbaugh to get a nice fat extension from Michigan?

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

The "leverage" play has gone out the window days ago. He wants to come back to the NFL. 

Has it?  Today is NSD in college, so it'd seem weird if he were to bolt immediately after.  To me, the timing is weird.

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

He already just got a 4 year extension in January 2021. 

Which included a pay cut.  As I understand, he sort of has an extension sitting on the table at Michigan which bumps his pay if he stays.  

31 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

sign me up.

Thank you for bringing up growth. Harbaugh most likely has grown as a person and a professional. The interview process will vet that information out. 

on a personal note, I have grown tremendously, both as a person and in my professional life in the past 10 years. Night and day, really. I’m always evolving, always trying learn more about myself, my profession and the world around me. I’m 55 years old. 

I know a lot of us on this forum think Harbaugh is old. I think that’s relative. 58 year old people aren’t really that old and definitely have the ability to grow if the ‘want’ is there. I hope Harbaugh has grown and is the head coach KAM and Viking’s brass are looking for.