Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This is odd... you're saying he scored enough points that he was already up 30 in the 4th... but wasn't dominant?

That's a pretty damn good start. I bet the first 30 points had more to do with it than the x amount of points he padded his stats with in the 4th afterwards.

Maybe those other QBs weren't dominant enough to be UP by 30 in the 4th. Kind of makes a difference.

No, obviously 2007 was Brady's one dominant year. But the numbers are a little juiced because Belichick was running it up on teams because he was mad about spygate. 

For instance compare to Lamar Jackson's 2019 campaign, when RGIII take 13% of all snaps of the season because they would take Lamar out in the 4th quarter. 

Anyways I'm done getting dragged into arguments. Saw this dude win his first Super Bowl when I was 10 years old. If he stopped right there everyone in New England would have sung his praises forever for that. What he did was beyond what any fan could reasonably ask of their Quarterback.

30 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yes, Brady had 1 year in his entire career where he was truly dominant. 

But throwing up deep balls for Moss to catch doesn't take much skill. Look at how great Culpepper and Cunningham's numbers were with Moss, and they weren't good QBs. Also racking up stats on teams when up up by 30 in the 4th quarter padded his numbers that year. 

Other QBs have had much longer dominant stretches, and didn't rely on throwing on team late in blowouts to make their stats look better. 

Never underestimate the ability of the human mind to trick itself into believing in a false reality, I guess.

Anyway, the NFL has to now figure out who can take over as its next global ambassador, because with Brady now gone, there's not a single QB left in the league with more than 1 championship to his name. 

Mahomes will be the guy if the Chiefs win it all this year, but if not? Who else can step up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No Brady was 1st team all Decade. They made him first team over Manning and Rodgers each decade. That's a distinction. If your standard is All Pros, these are the exact same voters. The guys that literally handed Manning all the accolades you are holding up are the same ones that at the end of his peak years said "yeah you know what, Brady was really the one who deserves the honor for being the best all this time". 

My bad, I misread the teams.

Are you sure its the same voters, though? I'm seeing the all decade team being voted on by HOF voters, which would be different. 

But, as I said, media is often prone to overemphasize team accomplishments over individual skill. I think its pretty obvious that Manning is the greatest QB of the 2000s, and its not particularly close. 

As far actual skill we could go down a list of each to determine who is better at what. But that's going get highly subjective. 

Yeah, nobody said it was easy to determine who is the greatest. But just looking at team success is a lazy way of doing it. 

Just now, Apparition said:

Never underestimate the ability of the human mind to trick itself into believing in a false reality, I guess.

Anyway, the NFL has to now figure out who can take over as its next global ambassador, because with Brady now gone, there's not a single QB left in the league with more than 1 championship to his name. 

Mahomes will be the guy if the Chiefs win it all this year, but if not? Who else can step up?

The NFL definitely hopes Mahomes is that guy and Allen is becoming the new Manning.

Then Mahomes has 3 SBs with 2 SB wins in 4 years starting. 

That fits the face of the new NFL.

• Like 1

I remember in 01 when he beat the Rams, I said he is better than most people give him credit. Not knowing the magnitude of great he actually would be.

This last Sunday I knew no lead was safe with how great he was. 

what an amazing career, in 20-30 years we will all be talking about how he was the greatest we ever seen, and people will claim the game was different back then. But we will know, we will know.

Edited by Riftty

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think its pretty obvious that Manning is the greatest QB of the 2000s, and its not particularly close.

Michael Jordan Laughing At U GIF - Lol Laughing Basketball GIFs

Goes around saying Brady benefited from a great team and great coaching and then says Peyton Manning, who had the GM who SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED THE RULES TO BENEFIT PEYTON and was carried by his defense in the 2006 playoffs, was better in the 2000's.

Edited by biggie.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He played two and a half games nearly 3 months apart and was 1-1 and was fine. He showed some warts and showed some skill . What was he supposed to "do"?

He might be ok…but I can’t see how anyone is planning on that right now. He looked pretty bad as a passer. Strong arm but that’s it. And I say that as a dynasty owner…someone who wants him to look good.