Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

I think this will be a good hire. There will be some continuity between Gruden/Olsen's scheme and McDaniels. This likely means Carr is extended, which will save a lot of money in the short term. I would suspect that Jakobi Meyers becomes a target in FA. My biggest worry is the draft. It seems that McDaniels will be the de jure GM. GM-coaches typically don't go well.

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

People won't look past his Broncos tenure that was over a decade ago and the Colts mishap, but Josh has grown tremendously over the years. I was hoping the Patriots could hold onto him long enough to take over for Beli once he retired.

This is a good move by the Raiders. Gonna be a challenge in that division though.

Please go on.  We need some positivity.

@SimonGruber said in the other Hc thread:
”If the 2TE offense was pitched man I’ve been wanting that for a while lol. Ideally for me I would love a Evan Engram type to compliment Waller. Moreau will do but I’m not sure”

I’d really like us to bring in a pass catching TE3.  The Pats signed both Jonnu Smith last year and drafted Devin Asiasi in round 3 in 2020.  There both of the same build, style of TE.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What Josh did with rookie Mac Jones was very impressive. I too think he'll stick with Carr but the Pats have always churned out QBs. Brady of course, but even the likes of Cassel, Jimmy G, Brissett, Hoyer, etc. 

I wonder how much Josh had to do with their progression. 

And this is why I'm getting a little more excited about this as time goes bye. That and what everyone says about him just helps ease the initial pain