Let's stop crowning QBs "for the next 10-15 years"

notthatbluestuff

Mahomes had 3 comebacks or winning drives vs Buffalo after the 2 minute warning 9 days ago.

He has everything else in his career before that.

This is like sh#$ posting on Fouts and the Chargers 10 days after the 1981 Miami game because the Bengals crushed them.

I'd suggest everyone do the opposite and shut up about 1 very bad half of football if you are going to retroactively get the vapors because Mahomes has been heaped in absolutely well deserved and accurate praise.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ll just say this, since it’s been on my mind with Tom Brady’s retirement.

Please don’t go down the NBA’s path of legacy talk for guys before they’re 30 years old. One thing I loved about the Bills/Chiefs game was there was minimum talk of “what does this do for Allen’s/Mahomes legacy”. It was just a masterful performance by two great young QBs that was enjoyed by the masses.

The Jordan after effect still looms in the NBA with legacy talk and I hope the same thing doesn’t take place in the NFL now with the Brady effect.

I don’t think so. They’ll always be that guy to carry the torch.. Magic/Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and now Curry. Then you have studs like Ja Morant who got next. 

Both leagues have never been better! The future is bright. 

34 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Who/what are you talking about?   Some posters in this forum?  The media?  Care to share the thread(s) that have triggered these thoughts? 

The only QB Zealots I've noticed were a couple of over the top Herbert-Homers.

There were also some sketchy posts about Lawrence before he played an NFL snap

• Like 2

Just now, El Ramster said:

It’s his poise, demeanor and attitude. Against TN he was sacked 9 times! His body and face said he was sacked twice. Even vets would be caroling themselves. If that was Carr he’ll be in the fetal position after the 3rd sack. Dudes off ACL injury! That’s hella impressive. That’s a cold brother. 

Oh yeah, he's tough as hell, and that's part of the reason why he'll be a good QB, but he's consistently struggled to put up points and put long drives together during these playoffs. He's young, so him even playing pretty good is great to see, but he isn't the vocal point of his teams success in the playoffs this year. That goes to his defense, but I'm sure that will change in the future (perhaps even the Superbowl).

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

It’s his poise, demeanor and attitude. Against TN he was sacked 9 times! His body and face said he was sacked twice. Even vets would be caroling themselves. If that was Carr he’ll be in the fetal position after the 3rd sack. Dudes off ACL injury! That’s hella impressive. That’s a cold brother. 

9 sacks.... on 13 pressures. That was Burrow being bad at protecting himself. At least 3 of those sacks were his fault. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Oh yeah, he's tough as hell, and that's part of the reason why he'll be a good QB, but he's consistently struggled to put up points and put long drives together during these playoffs. He's young, so him even playing pretty good is great to see, but he isn't the vocal point of his teams success in the playoffs this year. That goes to his defense, but I'm sure that will change in the future (perhaps even the Superbowl).

Ok but to be down by 18 you still need to score. People are torn on him because they want to credit Chase! Heck others want to credit the weapons in general! But how many teams have good/elite weapons and scream man only if we had a QB.. I love his accuracy and ball placement. He puts the ball where you’re just in awe.. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

9 sacks.... on 13 pressures. That was Burrow being bad at protecting himself. At least 3 of those sacks were his fault. 

I’ll argue more! But still stood tall and gave them a chance. For a second year QB off a ACl? Come on man. Not even Dak ima run it till the time runs out Prescott.. Jared Goff and Wentz both super bowl QBs. Dak could never son.  

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I don’t think so. They’ll always be that guy to carry the torch.. Magic/Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and now Curry. Then you have studs like Ja Morant who got next. 

Both leagues have never been better! The future is bright. 

Don’t get me wrong I love the current NBA but give it time. If Ja doesn’t win a ring in the next few years it’ll be “Can he win a championship? Is it time for Ja to leave Memphis, ect., ect.” Like they did with Giannis, like they did with KD, like they did with Bron.

As you said both leagues are in a great spot and an even brighter future. I just want people to enjoy and appreciate what their watching without it turning into debates and comparison to the GOATs of their respective sports and “legacy talk” for guys not even 30 years old. Enjoy and let these guys career play out.

7 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Ok but to be down by 18 you still need to score. People are torn on him because they want to credit Chase! Heck others want to credit the weapons in general! But how many teams have good/elite weapons and scream man only if we had a QB.. I love his accuracy and ball placement. He puts the ball where you’re just in awe.. 

He also had some really awful passes that should've been picked. That one 'throw away' that landed in the KC's defenders hands could've sealed the game for KC, but that's a learning experience for a young QB. 

Again, I'm not ****ting on him as a QB in general. I think he's one of the best young QBs coming up, though I'd put Herbert and Allen ahead of him, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the best of the three, either.

All I'm saying is- during these playoffs he hasn't been great. He's been pretty good. Nothing wrong with that, but if people are proclaiming he'll be the next Tom Brady due to these playoffs, then I question what they're watching. Obviously the potential is real, and he was SUPERB during the regular season, but these playoffs? Not so much.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

He also had some really awful passes that should've been picked. That one 'throw away' that landed in the KC's defenders hands could've sealed the game for KC, but that's a learning experience for a young QB. 

Again, I'm not ****ting on him as a QB in general. I think he's one of the best young QBs coming up, though I'd put Herbert and Allen ahead of him, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the best of the three, either.

All I'm saying is- during these playoffs he hasn't been great. He's been pretty good. Nothing wrong with that, but if people are proclaiming he'll be the next Tom Brady due to these playoffs, then I question what they're watching. Obviously the potential is real, and he was SUPERB during the regular season, but these playoffs? Not so much.

Super fair assessment. Heck if that holds that means the rams are SB champs… I just some me some Burrow. He has that “it” factor. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Don’t get me wrong I love the current NBA but give it time. If Ja doesn’t win a ring in the next few years it’ll be “Can he win a championship? Is it time for Ja to leave Memphis, ect., ect.” Like they did with Giannis, like they did with KD, like they did with Bron.

As you said both leagues are in a great spot and an even brighter future. I just want people to enjoy and appreciate what their watching without it turning into debates and comparison to the GOATs of their respective sports and “legacy talk” for guys not even 30 years old. Enjoy and let these guys career play out.

"If Ja wants to really be a star, he needs to go to the Knicks"

-some schmuck on ESPN probably 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ll just say this, since it’s been on my mind with Tom Brady’s retirement.

Please don’t go down the NBA’s path of legacy talk for guys before they’re 30 years old. One thing I loved about the Bills/Chiefs game was there was minimum talk of “what does this do for Allen’s/Mahomes legacy”. It was just a masterful performance by two great young QBs that was enjoyed by the masses.

The Jordan after effect still looms in the NBA with legacy talk and I hope the same thing doesn’t take place in the NFL now with the Brady effect.

Yes, we shouldn't hold Brady up as the standard for QBs going forward.  He was a generational talent and I seriously doubt any of us will see the likes of him again in our lifetimes.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Cincy's line isn't all that great.  Against TN he had defenders in his face before he caught the snap from his center.  He might be under high duress in this upcoming Super Bowl.

• Like 1