Let's stop crowning QBs "for the next 10-15 years"

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Cincy's line isn't all that great.  Against TN he had defenders in his face before he caught the snap from his center.  He might be under high duress in this upcoming Super Bowl.

His line gave up 13 pressures. Thats pretty good. Comparatively, Dak was pressured 21 times (48% of drop backs) against the 9ers and he was only sacked 5 times.

Sacks are almost always 50/50 between the OL and QB. Burrow needs to get better there and I am sure he will.

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Burrow will own this league. Dudes a different breed. He’s Brady/Manning type good. Lamar was always gonna be as, one he’s ugly as ish and 2 he’s a RB, dudes finna be hurt a lot. Mahomes is special but it helps that the AFC is weak af as well. Burrow clapped those cheeks fresh off ACL. I don’t love Josh Allan, I don’t think much of him. Burrow and Mahomes will duke it off for a while.. Drip too hard son. Got damm Lamar is ugly af. 

Lmao 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

It’s his poise, demeanor and attitude. Against TN he was sacked 9 times! His body and face said he was sacked twice. Even vets would be caroling themselves. If that was Carr he’ll be in the fetal position after the 3rd sack. Dudes off ACL injury! That’s hella impressive. That’s a cold brother. 

Burrow has been through much adversity as a kid though. 

he got left twice by his family on two separate occasions where he had to fend off two schmucks tryna rob and kill him 

• Like 5

In a similar vein, Tom Brady made everyone think it was so easy to win multiple super bowls. Fact is, QBs are lucky to win one, much less multiple. If Burrow wins this year, we will absolutely see a thread "how many super bowls will Joe Burrow win?" and, while you'll see answers like "he'll probably get at least 1 more", the real answer to that is probably 1. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers finishes with 1 and we already saw the only Super Bowl Mahomes ever wins. That's just the way it is. It is so, so hard to win multiple super bowls, but we've been spoiled by watching football while Brady, Big Ben, Eli, and Payton were in their prime (4 of the only 12 quarterbacks in history to win multiple super bowls).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

In a similar vein, Tom Brady made everyone think it was so easy to win multiple super bowls. Fact is, QBs are lucky to win one, much less multiple. If Burrow wins this year, we will absolutely see a thread "how many super bowls will Joe Burrow win?" and, while you'll see answers like "he'll probably get at least 1 more", the real answer to that is probably 1. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers finishes with 1 and we already saw the only Super Bowl Mahomes ever wins. That's just the way it is. It is so, so hard to win multiple super bowls, but we've been spoiled by watching football while Brady, Big Ben, Eli, and Payton were in their prime (4 of the only 12 quarterbacks in history to win multiple super bowls).

"How long will it take Trevor Lawrence to win multiple Super Bowls?" - a real thread from this board. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

Is it?

My point is that the Mahomes predictions of being on pace to be one of the GOATs (even if not as good as Brady) are still pretty spot-on. 

He needs to accumulate more individual accolades before we start labeling him one of the greatest of all time. He's for sure on pace to end up a top 10 QB of all time but who knows what the Chiefs roster is going to look like once his huge contract kicks in. He needs atleast another MVP or two in my opinion. Another ring would help for sure but I wouldn't hold it against him if he never wins another one since rings are so damn hard to get.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Brady is a modern day Babe Ruth. Nobody will ever approach his level of success. Anyone who thinks Mahomes has even a remote shot at surpassing Brady as the GOAT is a pure Chiefs homer.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

"How long will it take Trevor Lawrence to win multiple Super Bowls?" - a real thread from this board. 

Let's be real though, we all pretty much shot that one down immediately and with no remorse...

Just because somebody gets overzealous and creates a whacky thread like that doesn't mean it's standard operating procedure, y'know?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Let's be real though, we all pretty much shot that one down immediately and with no remorse...

Just because somebody gets overzealous and creates a whacky thread like that doesn't mean it's standard operating procedure, y'know?

Yeah I know - that particular one was just funny to remember.