2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Need to restart the "making room for Watson" moves. 

They are making room for Jimmy.. not sure if thats better or worse

Edit- it's better

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

lol yeah ok if you say so Most of ryans career he was top 7 to 8 in the nfl in the rankings.  Even back when Romo was playing him and Ryan would go back and forth for the 7th spot on most lists.  Stafford has NEVER been in that same top 8 to 10 listing until lately.  Ryan might not have had the cannon of an arm like Stafford did but like Manning his brain more than made up for it. 

His rankings by ANY/A

Should I keep going? Or is the point made that most seasons he wasnt a top 5, top 10 or in some years not even a top 15 QB?

Any team trading for Ryan shouldn't have to worry about the cap hit. He'd only be owed $7.5M this year and $28M next. Which for a franchise caliber QB is actually a steal. So that's not really a worry if you're his new team. I do think a 1st is reasonable for him. I get some of you don't because you have this warped idea that Ryan isn't actually good.

34 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Any team trading for Ryan shouldn't have to worry about the cap hit. He'd only be owed $7.5M this year and $28M next. Which for a franchise caliber QB is actually a steal. So that's not really a worry if you're his new team. I do think a 1st is reasonable for him. I get some of you don't because you have this warped idea that Ryan isn't actually good.

I have that warped idea, and I’m aware it’s warped.

strange phenomena 

39 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I get some of you don't because you have this warped idea that Ryan isn't actually good.

He's about to be 37 years old and while still good, definitely isn't elite.

There's very few teams where trading a 1st for him makes sense.  To me, you have to be where the Rams were last year for it to make sense.  A team who is on the cusp of a Super Bowl appearance.  Or at the very least on the cusp of making a lot of noise in your conference.  To me the only teams it would have made sense for are the Saints (Falcons would never do this), Steelers, Dolphins, WFT, and Philadelphia.  Steelers just signed Trubsiky.  WFT traded for Wentz.  Philly and Miami would probably prefer to just ride it out with Hurts and Tua respectively.

I just don't see the fit where a team would trade a 1st for him.  What team do you have in mind that would do that?  I'm just not seeing it.  If the Browns moved on from Mayfield and traded a 1st for Ryan as a replacement, to me it would be one of the dumbest moves that I can remember. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He's about to be 37 years old and while still good, definitely isn't elite.

There's very few teams where trading a 1st for him makes sense.  To me, you have to be where the Rams were last year for it to make sense.  A team who is on the cusp of a Super Bowl appearance.  Or at the very least on the cusp of making a lot of noise in your conference.  To me the only teams it would have made sense for are the Saints (Falcons would never do this), Steelers, Dolphins, WFT, and Philadelphia.  Steelers just signed Trubsiky.  WFT traded for Wentz.  Philly and Miami would probably prefer to just ride it out with Hurts and Tua respectively.

I just don't see the fit where a team would trade a 1st for him.  What team do you have in mind that would do that?  I'm just not seeing it.  If the Browns moved on from Mayfield and traded a 1st for Ryan as a replacement, to me it would be one of the dumbest moves that I can remember. 

Colts make sense. Not sure he puts them over the top, but he's their best option this offseason

But, they don't have a 1st. Unless the Colts are willing to offer & Falcons are willing to take a future 1 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Colts make sense. Not sure he puts them over the top, but he's their best option this offseason

But, they don't have a 1st. Unless the Colts are willing to offer & Falcons are willing to take a future 1 

That's what I'm saying.  There really isn't an ideal team out there who is in a good position to trade for Ryan.  At least where it wouldn't be both a bad situation for Ryan and a bad trade for the team.  Colts aren't going to trade another 1st for a QB, at least not someone like Ryan.  And this isn't me slighting Ryan, he's solid... but he's about to be 37.  I find it hard to believe there is a team out there willing to trade a 1st for him.  Maybe the 49ers would if they didn't already have Lance, but they do.  

EDIT - Ryan also has a NTC.  So limits the teams who could go out and get him.  There is absolutely no way in my mind he goes for a 1st and I'd be willing to bet on that.  Even Wentz had the advantage of being 28 at the time the Colts traded for him.  You could sell a fanbase on the fact that if he got back to his former self, you had a franchise QB for 5 or so years.  If I'm wrong I'll accept it but I don't see it happening.  I don't see the team where it makes sense.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

Wow,, the ANY/A smack down!

Who is 17,11,1,1 the last 4 years?

17 and 11 is a joke if you pretend hard enough.

So Jimmy G is close to identical in ANY/A rankings with Rodgers on 3 of the last 4 years. Did they meet in the playoffs by chance? Who won?

Including his backup years without starts in NE is pathetic. Look at Rodgers filling his pants in years 1-3 and tell me how relevant it is to anything.

BTW, if those NE years count them Jimmy is a 2x SB champ QB by continuation of this dishonest logic.

Edited by SkippyX

So far, the Browns, Seahawks, Bengals and Bucs are winning the offseason

Browns: Grant and Cooper > Landry.

Seahawks: get rid of Wilson and get some good draft ammunition while his stock is high enough. 

Bucs: Brady coming back, and I love the Gage signing

Bengals: getting that Oline help

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

So far, the Browns, Seahawks, Bengals and Bucs are winning the offseason

Browns: Grant and Cooper > Landry.

Seahawks: get rid of Wilson and get some good draft ammunition while his stock is high enough. 

Bucs: Brady coming back, and I love the Gage signing

Bengals: getting that Oline help

Last week the Bucs QBs were 2 guys I can’t remember. Gabbert maybe? Old bad dude and young meh dude. Yeah, Bucs had a hell of a week.

Green Bay is doing very well with cap shenanigans as long as they sign Davante.

I really like what Seattle did but not for a few years. I love what Denver has done.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Signing a bunch of fodder and letting Myles Jack go is certainly a choice

I think they're definitely better, but I'd also be surprised if half those guys are on the team for the 3rd year.