2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Pittsburgh taking Trubisky so early IMO is a move they regret.  Not that I think much of Baker / JimmyG or Ryan but don’t see it with him (when accuracy / placement & poor reads of the D are your biggest problems those are literally 2 of the 3 worst traits to fix).  

I mean, I think that pretty much clearly signified that they were going QB in the draft at some point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I think that pretty much clearly signified that they were going QB in the draft at some point.

Absolutely but it was also likely predicated on worrying on being left out of musical chairs for vets.  I don’t think anyone thinks PIT would put all their chips in with Trubisky alone.  But few would have forecast the QB pool having these additions either.   Which wouldn’t preclude going rookie QB.  

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Absolutely but it was also likely predicated on worrying on being left out of musical chairs for vets.  I don’t think anyone thinks PIT would put all their chips in with Trubisky alone.  But few would have forecast the QB pool having these additions either.   Which wouldn’t preclude going rookie QB.  

I'm not sure they're putting all their chips in on Trubisky.  He's probably one of the few QBs with some "upside" left in his game, so at the very least they run him out in 2022 hoping that he can turn a corner.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Rumors are La’el Collins is undergoing a physical right now to finalize his contract with the Bengals 

Coming off a Superbowl appearance. If you add Ted Karras, Alex Cappa, and Collins all to reasonable deals (we'll see on Collins), it's just an unbelievably good start to the off-season. Leaves you not only financial flexibility going forward, but the ability to truly go BPA in the draft. Don't have to "force" an OL in there early. Deep class too.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure they're putting all their chips in on Trubisky.  He's probably one of the few QBs with some "upside" left in his game, so at the very least they run him out in 2022 hoping that he can turn a corner.

I think you misunderstood - we’re on the same page that the chips aren’t all in on Tru.  I just think they thought the pool was a lot smaller on the QB left even those with some upside, by increasing with Baker / Ryan they leave more options overall for the Winston / Tru guys to be had.  

Edited by Broncofan

54 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Coming off a Superbowl appearance. If you add Ted Karras, Alex Cappa, and Collins all to reasonable deals (we'll see on Collins), it's just an unbelievably good start to the off-season. Leaves you not only financial flexibility going forward, but the ability to truly go BPA in the draft. Don't have to "force" an OL in there early. Deep class too.

That’s been the plan at least among the fan base. Use free agency for need and the draft for talent.