2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The niners have no reason to be scared of him for the next five years. He's not a good QB 

*something something* winning percentage.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

If Pittsburgh is looking for a long term QB, they aren't looking at Jimmy G. 

The niners have no reason to be scared of him for the next five years. He's not a good QB 

The Steelers already have the NVP.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

If Pittsburgh is looking for a long term QB, they aren't looking at Jimmy G. 

Your a genius 

No major shock, but sounds like all the major 4th year receivers looking for new deals are sitting out upcoming workouts and whatnot. 

McLaurin will apparently attend but not participate? But Brown, Deebo, DK, McLaurin are all kind of out on participating, which is the correct move. 

Something something 98.9 passer rating which is higher than Drew Brees.

Jimmy G would be lining up to get 20 a year if he was a WR with equivalent metrics and that 2019.

it’s strange that people hate him so much. He’s better than Dak at NFL QB unless it’s the very specific role of destroying really bad teams.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

t’s strange that people hate him so much. He’s better than Dak at NFL QB unless it’s the very specific role of destroying really bad teams.

Why. Why do you do this. No one in their right mind thinks Jimmy is better than Dak. Not even most die hard 9ers fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

No major shock, but sounds like all the major 4th year receivers looking for new deals are sitting out upcoming workouts and whatnot. 

McLaurin will apparently attend but not participate? But Brown, Deebo, DK, McLaurin are all kind of out on participating, which is the correct move. 

I respect that decision a lot. He's a captain and a leader and I am glad he is there for support, and I understand why he isn't participating. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I respect that decision a lot. He's a captain and a leader and I am glad he is there for support, and I understand why he isn't participating. 

I do too, actually. I feel like it's a really good happy medium. 

• Like 1

Attending but not participating is a strong move.  He gets hurt, there's no guaranteed money.  He's attending, shows he still wants to be there, but has to protect his own future.   

Before ppl take umbrage with the above statement, remember Mclaurin gets 0 guaranteed dollars right now beyond 2022.  He's likely getting 50-60M in full guarantees with any extension.  Ppl are kidding themselves if they wouldn't consider the same approach in his shoes.

If Deebo/AJ Brown are smart, they'll follow suit.   Staying altogether would create a lot of negative PR with fans, while this shows the players are willing to be part of the team - but passing on voluntary physical activities with 0 future guaranteed $ is pretty much hard to argue.  They're within their rights in the CBA to pass, but showing up takes the extra step to show extremely good faith on their part.  Whoever Mclaren's agent is, they get it.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

There is no way you could actually believe this if you were being 100% objective.

Jimmy G wins games and he puts up efficient stats that help win games. Jimmy is underrated and Dak is insanely overrated.

Deep dive on Dak or pretend he is great. Its really your call. Focus on his numbers vs DC and NY compared to everyone else. With all that pounding of bad teams he's still just a bit better than Wentz since their rookie years. (stats and record)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/

Both Dak and Jimmy are in that 9-14 range of NFL QBs.

Dak's a sweet fantasy league play though if you don't care about winning and the playoffs.

Shanahan is 39-42 as an NFL head coach.

That's 31-14 with Jimmy and 8-28 without. Oddly some people think Shanahan made Jimmy.

Here are Shanny's 8 wins without Garoppolo

• 3-13 Giants
  • 6-10 Broncos
  • 4-12 Raiders
  • 10-6 Seahawks
  • 6-10 Giants
  • 2-14 Jets
  • 10-6 Rams
  • 4-13 Texans

They were 3-5 last year and he went 8-2 from that point to wind up in the NFCCG.

He did not do that like Pat Mahomes with crazy numbers but he also did not QB sneak with 14 seconds left and fall apart. He played Stafford about even in 3 games last year and was a Tartt drop from outplaying him and having a great shot at the SB again. He did that with a bad thumb (week 16) and shoulder (WC game).