2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Elite wasn’t the right term, but they all deserve to be in that next wave of big contracts I’d say. Deebo has been one of the more dynamic weapons in the game and McLaurin and AJ Brown are two of the best young/ascending receivers in the game who are legit 1’s imo. 

All of them (Deebo, AJ, and McLaurin) are also are making pennies right now. Little bit different if they were all making $15M per already as is like Kupp. This is all of their first big payday and they’re pushing the envelope. Good on them imo.

I am the only one that is scared of Deebo outside of a Shannahan offense? Not saying he is a product of that system, but I would be weary of paying elite money to a guy whose best asset is his versatility where its on the OC to scheme to his strengths.

I think there is a bit of truth in saying Shannahan 'made Deebo, Deebo'

Is he going to be worth a 100M contract just as a outside WR who runs a route tree? or does all of his impact come with him being a RB/gadget guy and a WR. Does the OC wherever he goes understand that? Can they use him the same way SF did?

Almost like another team getting ahold of Lamar Jackson. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Boom, there it is.

I was just about to post this. 

Humorously enough, you beat me to it because I was posting a dilla tweet in the draft forum lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I have the same initial feeling as Kupp, and it is a genuinely selfless stance to take, but in reality it is the opposite. Kupp needs to realize that he needs to get paid what he's worth so that other players can get paid what they are worth.

If Kupp was making 25 million last year, the Rams are worse.

If we're worse, he likely doesn't have the best season in NFL history for a WR.

Kupp has his own brand - and website. So I guess the question is, at what point does making less to have a better team which puts you in position to win Super Bowl MVP actually make you more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

wonder what his trade value is. He's only had one great yr, already 26 and wants to get paid

Idk, but someone is about to grossly overpay for a malcontent with a very short track record. 

Talented, yes. 

Would I want this near surefire headache? No way.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder what his trade value is. He's only had one great yr, already 26 and wants to get paid

It's going to be around the Hill / Adams deals. 

If it's the Jets, I'd expect 35 & 38. If it's the packers, I'd expect one of the firsts and then some change maybe. 

5 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't think I'd classify all those WRs as elite. Deebo and Kupp at least have a season to make that argument.

Brown and McLaurin though, to me, are the next tier down and shouldn't be holding out.

Jefferson is better than both and it would make more sense for him to hold out.

Some common sense has to apply else Mahomes would just demand more money every year when a worse QB gets to his pay.

Jefferson is locked up for three more years. Brown, McLaurin, Deebo are all in the last year of their deals.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I am the only one that is scared of Deebo outside of a Shannahan offense? Not saying he is a product of that system, but I would be weary of paying elite money to a guy whose best asset is his versatility where its on the OC to scheme to his strengths.

I think there is a bit of truth in saying Shannahan 'made Deebo, Deebo'

Is he going to be worth a 100M contract just as a outside WR who runs a route tree? or does all of his impact come with him being a RB/gadget guy and a WR. Does the OC wherever he goes understand that? Can they use him the same way SF did?

Almost like another team getting ahold of Lamar Jackson. 

Deebo outside catching bombs is a nightmare and in a bad way. He’s not super fast, electric or a high jumper. Dudes a tank who can catch screens and slants and go far as he breaks tackles. But as a WR he strikes no fear in my heart. Fat boy was shut down when it mattered most! Who Dey gonnna beat the rams!

who Dey 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's going to be around the Hill / Adams deals. 

If it's the Jets, I'd expect 35 & 38. If it's the packers, I'd expect one of the firsts and then some change maybe. 

How close is #24? How much more? 

Not that I want the Cowboys to trade for him, but more just a curiousity. 

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Interesting. Didn’t think either were looking at getting replaced yet (which I assume you’d be doing with Ickey or Neal in the fold unless you roll them at OG year 1)?

Yeah, I'm thinking we pick up one of those two at 4 if any of the premium edges are gone (Hutch or Thibs).

FYI, Deebo is 6-0 0-1 against the Rams mostly because Tartt dropped a pass in his hands.

He put up 381 total yards and 4 TDs vs the Rams in 3 games last season.

Kupp had 398 and 4 in the same games and had the best season in NFL history for a WR

He is Dey

Edited by SkippyX