2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Please just answer me this one question. 

If your Cowboys were ranked top 5 @ $48M under the 🧢 instead of being ranked 30th (only ahead of Green Bay and New Orleans) @ $22,154,885 over the 🧢...

Would we really be talking about releasing/cutting/trading/throwing away Amari Cooper (for cap savings) right now? 

Please answer my question.

Yes or no? 

If you are asking me personally, Yes. I absolutely would. Especially Zeke and Tank, but Cooper as well. All 3 are horrific contracts. 

Rumors have it former 2017 1st round pick Haason Reddick is expected to hit the FA open market as an EDGE rusher still only 27 years old. 

(has only missed 1 game throughout his 5 NFL years). 

2020 = 12.5 sacks with Arizona. 

2021 = 11.0 sacks with Carolina. 

2020/2021 (combined) = 23.5 sacks and 66 QB Pressures. 

âś“ Which teams are going to go after this guy?

So - the Dolphins were the preferred choice for Deshaun Watson, and the one team he’d waive his No Trade Clause for. Philadelphia was a team with significant assets on hand and allegedly in a holding pattern with QB Jalen Hurts.

As of the last 24 hours, both Philadelphia and have confirmed commitment to both Hurts and QB Tua Tagovailoa.

What’s the next step for the Texans and the embattled Watson? Would he waive his NTC for a team like Minnesota or Denver? Texans GM Nick Caserio has went on record to advise there are multiple teams showing interest, some of which are only concerned with the criminal charges stemming from the 20+ allegations of sexual misconduct.

Who do you think these teams are? 

32 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Carolina, Giants, Steelers, and Raiders. 

Think the Giants killed that talk early (could be smoke screen). 

Carolina and Pittsburgh seem like the two next best options - Carolina is home to Watson and has a large Clemson base who still think Watson walks on water. Get Watson out of the AFC and get that top 10 pick this draft and the Texans could add a key component to their rebuild. Carolina has a defense and a few piece’s on offense, and the NFC would immediately become Watson’s playground - picks after this draft would be pretty low.

Pittsburgh… well, they have a need at QB and they have “experience” with similar allegations at the QB position . From the Texans perspective, Pittsburgh would be bad; There’s the AFC component, but moreso about pick quality. Watson, Najee Harris, Dionte Johnson, Chase Claypool, Pat Friermuth and a defense with TJ Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick would be an immediate SB contender. Any picks from Pittsburgh would always be in the late 20s/30s.

Las Vegas is an interesting case - I could see Watson waiving a NTC to get there (lotta “legal activities” he’d no doubt being excited about) and it seems as if LV would be a spot that would work for the Texans, because LV would still need some work to be competitive. Picks could be in the teens, potentially.

Should be interesting.

• Like 2