2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

On 3/4/2022 at 12:01 PM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don't think they'll let Mike Williams hit free agency. 

Justin Herbert has too much chemistry with him. Herbert absolutely loves him.

And the Chargers are fully loaded in Available Salary Cap Space (ranked #2 @ $56,316,690 under the cap).

Not only that but like you mentioned they can always pay Mike Williams and draft Keenan Allen's replacement because Keenan Allen's turning 30 next month and can cut Keenan Allen next offseason and save $16M for doing so

(Heck they can even afford to draft a 1st round WR this up coming draft and still keep both Keenan Allen/Mike Williams moving forward).

@ET80

It was never in doubt. There was no question about it; 0.00% chance the Chargers Front Office would've refused to pay Mike Williams (at least not on Justin Herbert's watch they wouldn't).

College Football GIF by ESPN

Mike Williams Celebration GIF by Los Angeles Chargers

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

As I’ve said, personally would rather trade and secure him than have to take the chance of him choosing elsewhere. Either workout a bit more friendly contract or just bite the bullet if you’re a team desperate for a WR. Mike Williams just got $20M per, Amari isn’t getting much less if any at this point anyway imo.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As I’ve said, personally would rather trade and secure him than have to take the chance of him choosing elsewhere. Either workout a bit more friendly contract or just bite the bullet if you’re a team desperate for a WR. Mike Williams just got $20M per, Amari isn’t getting much less if any at this point anyway imo.

100%. I said multiple times it woudl be the dumbest thing for multiple teams for him to end up cut lol. Made no damn sense all things considered 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

My Jets have two 1sts and two 2nds. 

I'd gladly give Seattle our 36th overall for an already developed and proven NFL WR @ only 24 years of age in D.K. Metcalf!

And like every other potential trade partner,  a long term deal is on the horizon. A deal probably in the $20M+ a year range.

Now before you boast about your available Cap,  DK Metcalf would have to "WANT TO BE A JET" for the foreseeable future, which I doubt is the case.

So unless your plan is to trade for and start franchising a disgruntled player shortly thereafter when the time comes, wouldn't get your hopes up.