Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I keep waiting for Carson Wentz to slip up and have a rough week.  And he keeps on dominating.  I understand that you don't fully earn 'elite' status until you are able to have great seasons on a yearly bases and also prove your worth in the postseason.  With all that said, Carson Wentz is the MVP of the league and the Eagles are a serious threat.  That's quite a departure for what I thought about Wentz and the Eagles coming into this season - I viewed Wentz as a solid-ish/good QB and the Eagles as a borderline wildcard team if they got some breaks to go their way.

Took the words out of my mouth.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You're preparing excuses a few weeks early lol.

You guys need to worry about winning your division before you can start thinking about us... but I love the Rams and can't wait to play you guys. Could be an NFC Championship game preview if everything works out.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree, but it's still one of the better defenses in the league.  I surely didn't expect the Eagles to completely run over their defense they way they've done.

so this statement literally doesnt make sense.

You agree that they arent as good as the stats make them look (2nd best DVOA).....but then you say theyre still one of the best in the league. 

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I’m just here to watch Eagles fans get upset with opposing fans for not bowing down to them. Dis gone be good. ??? 

I'm surprised you can even read these posts given your vision Blaq. Did you pass the New Eye test at the DMV? ?

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
18 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Are you really trying to sell that they had a good offense in any of the past two years?

2017:   341.7 YPG (15th), 18.1 PPG (21st)

2016:  323.1 YPG (27th), 20.8 PPG (22nd)

2015:  355. YPG (16th), 22.2  PPG (19th)

The offense is roughly the same as past years.    The defense has been giving up A LOT more passing yards than in years past and OpponentsQBR has spiked this year.  The Broncos are 13th in points allowed, which you know, is the main stat that matters.   

Yes they're the same defense...  Except without Demarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, TJ Ward, and Shane Ray.  You know, no one important.

What I am saying is that their starting field position (which defense has NO influence on) has been the worst in the league at the 33 yard line, and worse then it was in 2016 and 2015 (around 29 both years). 

Shane Ray didn't go anywhere. Malik Jackson wasn't on the team in 2016. They only lost 1 worthwhile player on defense I would say, and that's Ward. Ware missed half of 2016 and was clearly done, other starters they lost like Sylvester Williams were so they could upgrade. What's really important is their core, which remained the same. You think when we talk about the GSOT Rams, the LOB Seahawks, the early 00s dynasty Pats, each team was identical each year? Of course not, they all had something that connected them and made them what they were.

Are you really trying to argue the Broncos don't have a great defense? If they don't, who the hell does? Per DVOA, which you know, looks at context, they had the #2 defense heading into the game. What the Eagles are doing today (now 44 points) is very impressive, even if you don't see any relation between the 2017 Broncos defense today and the one from years past, which is fine.

What's hilarious is he's using bulk stats to judge a defense which isn't a good way, especially not for a team with an offense that has had as anemic QB play as Denver has.

You might want to take a look at defensive stats per drive @tonyto36 

Here you go... http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef2017

Coming into today Denver was 1st in Yards Per Drive, 5th in Points Per Drive, 32nd in starting field position, and 1st in Drive Success Rate.

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I’m just here to watch Eagles fans get upset with opposing fans for not bowing down to them. Dis gone be good. ??? 

Nobody has to "bow down to us"

It just seems like every week, there is some excuse as to why were not the (or one of) best teams.

Like this weeks will be: " WELL THE BRONCOS DEFENSE ISNT EVEN GOOD DOE DURP"

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Eagles fans already took over LA once, we'll do it again.

Might be hard to do lol. Rams fans are definitely more prevalent in L.A. and the Coliseum is a MUCH bigger stadium. 

There should be a solid showing of Eagles fans at the game though. I might end up going.

Archived