Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

Just now, minutemancl said:

It isnt. Doesnt make what the Eagles are doing any less impressive. The Rams are blowing out a terrible Giants defense but that doesnt make it not impressive either. 

Denver's defense is one of the best in the league. 

I keep waiting for Carson Wentz to slip up and have a rough week.  And he keeps on dominating.  I understand that you don't fully earn 'elite' status until you are able to have great seasons on a yearly bases and also prove your worth in the postseason.  With all that said, Carson Wentz is the MVP of the league and the Eagles are a serious threat.  That's quite a departure for what I thought about Wentz and the Eagles coming into this season - I viewed Wentz as a solid-ish/good QB and the Eagles as a borderline wildcard team if they got some breaks to go their way.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Are you really trying to sell that they had a good offense in any of the past two years?

2017:   341.7 YPG (15th), 18.1 PPG (21st)

2016:  323.1 YPG (27th), 20.8 PPG (22nd)

2015:  355. YPG (16th), 22.2  PPG (19th)

The offense is roughly the same as past years.    The defense has been giving up A LOT more passing yards than in years past and OpponentsQBR has spiked this year.  The Broncos are 13th in points allowed, which you know, is the main stat that matters.   

Yes they're the same defense...  Except without Demarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, TJ Ward, and Shane Ray.  You know, no one important.

What I am saying is that their starting field position (which defense has NO influence on) has been the worst in the league at the 33 yard line, and worse then it was in 2016 and 2015 (around 29 both years). 

Shane Ray didn't go anywhere. Malik Jackson wasn't on the team in 2016. They only lost 1 worthwhile player on defense I would say, and that's Ward. Ware missed half of 2016 and was clearly done, other starters they lost like Sylvester Williams were so they could upgrade. What's really important is their core, which remained the same. You think when we talk about the GSOT Rams, the LOB Seahawks, the early 00s dynasty Pats, each team was identical each year? Of course not, they all had something that connected them and made them what they were.

Are you really trying to argue the Broncos don't have a great defense? If they don't, who the hell does? Per DVOA, which you know, looks at context, they had the #2 defense heading into the game. What the Eagles are doing today (now 44 points) is very impressive, even if you don't see any relation between the 2017 Broncos defense today and the one from years past, which is fine.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I keep waiting for Carson Wentz to slip up and have a rough week.  And he keeps on dominating.  I understand that you don't fully earn 'elite' status until you are able to have great seasons on a yearly bases and also prove your worth in the postseason.  With all that said, Carson Wentz is the MVP of the league and the Eagles are a serious threat.  That's quite a departure for what I thought about Wentz and the Eagles coming into this season - I viewed Wentz as a solid-ish/good QB and the Eagles as a borderline wildcard team if they got some breaks to go their way.

And that's after losing Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Darby... 

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

1.  Okay.  I'll say elite instead of nice.  Next time would you rather me say great, awesome or fantastic?  Picking gripes over arbitrary adjectives is moronic.

You were using the word "nice" to underplay how good our defense is. 

2.  The Eagles CBs have been bad.  They get by from an elite pass rush.  Defensive backs are allowed more holding in the playoffs, but so are offensive lines.  

Except they arent bad. They are our biggest weakness atm but that doesnt automatically mean theyre bad. They have been very solid especially lately. And we havent even had our best one

3.  Yes, big games against the Redskins and Panthers.  Powerhouse teams we're going to see steam roll into the playoffs.  And of course you know, a TNF game against Carolina is the same as a playoff game.  Same exact thing.  Brilliant.

You said you didnt trust Wentz in a game where his refs allow more contact but forget to mention that he literally went on the road, in primetime, and played great against Carolina in THE most lopsided reffing game in NFL history (literally)

You using the word moronic is kind of.......ironic.

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Oh really? So McAdoo just cancelled practice all week, guys just got out of bed and went to stadium, suited up and went on the field? Come on, why do people say this crap? You can't just blame McAdoo for this. 

McAdoo's guys don't want to play for him.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Most people thought we would be the worst team in our division. The big difference has been the level Wentz has played at.

Archived