Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

1.  Completely wrong.  If you can't figure that part out, I'm sorry.   Defense has nothing to do with field position.  Lol. 

2.  Shane Ray is out on IR.  We're comparing 2015, 2016, and 2017.  While you did say it's the same unit as 2016 not 2015, that's being a bit disingenuous and purposefully moving the goal posts because you know Malik was a big part of the defense.   Ware missed time but was still good when he played.  Williams sucked so I didn't include him.   Losing Ray, Malik, Ward, Ware and yes Williams, along with Shane Ray being out right now is yes pretty clearly not the same calibre defense it was the past two years.

Yeah those three teams were different each year, and the were better some years than others.  The Seahawks in 2013 were better than they were in 2014, and the 2003-2004 Patriots were miles ahead of the 2000 team.  

No, I was never arguing the Broncos defense sucks.  I never once said that.  You said they were just as good as past years which is ridiculous and I pointed that out is factually wrong.  You and your friend Conrad are just incredibly defensive that I said something you could find a way to twist into something new that was insulting to the Eagles performance.

1. How? How does a DEFENSE effect OPPONENT STARTING FIELD POSITION? 

2. Shane Ray is literally on the field right now. People considered the Broncos last year just as good as their 2015 counterpart, despite not having Malik Jackson. I am not saying these defenses are identical, just that they are comparable since their core is the same. Obviously you don't agree with lumping teams over multiple years, that's fine, but what stands is that THIS YEAR's Broncos defense was one of the best, statistically, on paper, according to posters on this site (look at the top 10 defense thread).

Just now, tonyto36 said:

And I countered by saying the defense's performance is relevant to their average starting field position.

You're either completely missing the boat or arguing a moronic point.

It's not my fault if you can't follow conversation.  You're not right because you don't understand what's going on.

Lol.

Im out. Thanks for reminding me why Gen is a giant cesspool

3 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

1.  You're arguing my stats were misleading because they paint the Broncos in a poor light

2.  You counter with stats that show the Broncos in a positive light

3.  You imply that I'm saying the Broncos defense are bad by trying to argue that they're good.

You tell me what the point of your post was.  Either it was trying to argue that I was saying the Broncos defense sucks (I didn't) or you had absolutely no point and wasted yours and everyones time.

If you can't comprehend my point after I explained it, then that's on you.

7 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Nobody has to "bow down to us"

It just seems like every week, there is some excuse as to why were not the (or one of) best teams.

Like this weeks will be: " WELL THE BRONCOS DEFENSE ISNT EVEN GOOD DOE DURP"

What I don’t understand is how a fan base that was elite all of last decade has been reduced to “respect our team” as if they’ve never been there before... Who cares if fans on a forum respect the Eagles. If they win the Bow you’ll get the last laugh.

Archived