Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

As a neutral, I'm genuinely hoping Bradford is healed up and back for that game.

They might not even need him .

kirk cousins was close to losing the redskins game and than out of a sudden he throws deep? For weeks skins Passing could be better unless kirks plays better we will lose if not we win.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

They might not even need him .

kirk cousins was close to losing the redskins game and than out of a sudden he throws deep? For weeks skins Passing could be better unless kirks plays better we will lose if not we win.

May I remind you that the non-Bradford option for Minnesota is Case Keenum who shows up in one of two forms: Passably blase or Full Blown Sage RosenCOPTER clone.  If your defense can contain McKinnon, the game should be close no matter what - barring you guys turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Keep ducking.  It's obvious what you're doing.  Do you ever contribute any football insight or just try to nit pick someones point and then duck it all away when they refute you?

What am I ducking? For the first 7 weeks, Smith was the better MVP candidate. He would not be #1 on my list now, but that doesn't make those first 7 weeks any less stellar or MVP worthy...well, unless you omit information in your arguments....

And actually, you've only been talking to me the last couple of posts...so...you know, there was nothing that I had to respond to accept the nature of some of your posts. 

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Rams vs Eagles NFCCG

Rams vs Jags Super Bowl

save this post

Bortles gonna get that Flacco contract and then we'll finally see how the Jags handle an offseason without being able to be cap-rich bullies in the FA market.

Just now, The LBC said:

Bortles gonna get that Flacco contract and then we'll finally see how the Jags handle an offseason without being able to be cap-rich bullies in the FA market.

This would be incredible...I'd love to see the contract that Bortles got from someone if the Jags won the super bowl. I mean, you clearly have a guy that is not very good...so how much does that superbowl mean...especially if he plays in a run heavy, very conservative offense that limits what he does? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This would be incredible...I'd love to see the contract that Bortles got from someone if the Jags won the super bowl. I mean, you clearly have a guy that is not very good...so how much does that superbowl mean...especially if he plays in a run heavy, very conservative offense that limits what he does? 

I'd want to see the contract Bortles would get if he somehow managed a superbowl MVP. That would be all kinds of hilarious.

Just now, Forge said:

I think Bortles is capable of being better than what most people think of him as.  That said, I still am less than convinced that he'll ever actually fulfill that capability.  He strikes me as someone who is always going to have to be propped up by scheme and offensive design (a similar type to a Cutler or a Grossman).  He's a great guy, I just don't know that I see someone who is going to become a great quarterback.  But if you bring a franchise its first Super Bowl appearance (not even championship win, but even just making the game), how the hell does management justify to the fans that they just opted to let that guy walk.  They're best bet at that point is to try and get Bortles to agree to a Kaepernick type deal, but Kaepernick, honestly, had less leverage that Bortles would have in this instance (since, IIRC, the Niners still had him under contract for another year when they inked him to that extension).

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Why would we need to be cap-rich bullies in FA at this point?

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

What did Trent Dilfer get?

Dilfer is even worse than I thought.

He doesn't have a single season over 60% completions, and a career 113 /129 Td/INT ratio.

14 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'd want to see the contract Bortles would get if he somehow managed a superbowl MVP. That would be all kinds of hilarious.

I know it sounds crazy, but I still think there's potential for Bortles to be an Eli-type QB. He was always a guy who stepped up in the big moments in college, and it also took Eli awhile to get it in the NFL.

Archived