GB free agency 2022

squire12

8 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

What's out there for pass rush or dline still? Are Calais Campbell or Hicks worth a damn anymore? 

Ioannidis was the only guy out there I really liked and he just got scooped up... 

campbell, hicks, suh, jarran reed, gholston, sheldon richardson

goldman if you wanna sign a guy who doesn't give a **** 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Ioannidis was the only guy out there I really liked and he just got scooped up... 

campbell, hicks, suh, jarran reed, gholston, sheldon richardson

goldman if you wanna sign a guy who doesn't give a **** 

Hicks would be interesting but the guy is never healthy. Either way, I think GB should wait to see what they get in rounds 1-2 at EDGE/DL before making a move. 

They could easily land a Mafe/Winfrey type combo and be set.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

are we sellers because we moved one of the best WRs in franchise history?

I mean "best WRs in Packers history" is a much more crowded room than "best QB in Seahawks history".  #2 for them is what?  RIch Mirer or Matt Hasselbeck?  #2 for us is like Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, Don Hutson, Jordy Nelson, or Donald Driver.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah he didn't want to be there, are we sellers because we moved one of the best WRs in franchise history?

I'll be honest, I get where you're going with this - but all offseason I've been of the mindset we keep both or neither, so to me we should be but we aren't. 

23 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean "best WRs in Packers history" is a much more crowded room than "best QB in Seahawks history".  #2 for them is what?  RIch Mirer or Matt Hasselbeck?  #2 for us is like Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, Don Hutson, Jordy Nelson, or Donald Driver.

You are putting Davante at #1? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's Greg Jennings

1 minute ago, gopackgo972 said:

It’s a straight up Cold War era arms race in the AFC West. 

Yea, those teams aren't messing around. Everyone trying to catch KC and they're trying to stay on top. 

Edited by packfanfb

16 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

If we now give Jaire his 5 year 99m extension(surely we don't want to go down the Adams path with him), we should have around 29.3m in cap space available.

Factoring in the 4.2m for draft picks, 3.5m for practice squad, 1.65m for players 52/53 and 5m in season piggy bank for spending (all numbers taken from Ken Ingalls), we should have approx 15m to spend in free agency.

Depending on structure of the deals, that at best that gets us 2-4 players. Safe to assume Douglas is one of those so leaves 1-3 signings

Oz, and Squire or many other cap experts:  *IF* the Packers were to hypothetically trade Jordan Love, would that basically be a cap-insignificant transaction?  Using Spotrac numbers, I see a $3.4 cap hit to keep him, but he's still got $3.3 of his $6.6 signing bonus left?  So basically if the Packers wanted to trade him, and they liked the return, clearing cap would be zero motivation, any trade would be motivated solely by the value you could get in return; but neither would a trade reduce their cap space either? 

(https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jordan-love-47621/)