GB free agency 2022

squire12

On 3/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, rthom348 said:

I feel like Diontae Johnson would be the best replacement for Adams in terms of comparability. But that ain’t gonna happen

I think the best replacement in terms of play similarity might be Terry McClaurin. I heard Washington was putting feelers out there for him. I'd be willing to part with the late first I think for him, granted he's getting ready to be paid as well. 

16 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I think the best replacement in terms of play similarity might be Terry McClaurin. I heard Washington was putting feelers out there for him. I'd be willing to part with the late first I think for him, granted he's getting ready to be paid as well. 

Maybe jace sternberger instead. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I would love to get McScorin'! But I don't see why Washington would trade their only credible WR after going to the effort to bring in Wentz.  That's a winnable division depending on how you feel about Dallas.

Edit: just looked into it, they do have Curtis Samuel too I suppose...still don't see any big motivation to move Terry unless they think there no way he re-signs. He'd be a natural franchise tag option for them.

Edited by Sandy

I would be all over Terry McLaurin if he ever becomes available in a trade.

Problem is we would have to give up a 1st round pick and give him a new contract at around Kirk's level.

I'm not sure the Packers would be willing to go for that.

Tyler Boyd another interesting name:
6ft 2in, 203Lbs
Is now the number 3 WR in Cinci and they are paying him $10m a season, under contract for two more years. They could probably draft a number 3 WR for much cheaper. Also he probably wants to be #1 or #2. Very little dead cap in trading him.

Had 1,000 yard seasons in 2018 and 2019.  Still had 800 yards in each of the last two seasons. Been consistently healthy.

30 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

6ft 2in, 203Lbs
Is now the number 3 WR in Cinci and they are paying him $10m a season, under contract for two more years. They could probably draft a number 3 WR for much cheaper. Also he probably wants to be #1 or #2. Very little dead cap in trading him.

Had 1,000 yard seasons in 2018 and 2019.  Still had 800 yards in each of the last two seasons. Been consistently healthy.

Good player, but he's mainly a slot guy.  

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

6ft 2in, 203Lbs

Would be an upgrade over Cobb and Rodgers...but we're stuck with Cobb and Rodgers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Good player, but he's mainly a slot guy.  

I wonder though...does he play the slot only because Chase and Higgins need to be on the outside? I don't see why his skill set wouldn't play on the boundary.

Then again I don't see why the Bengals would trade him and weaken what should be a blossoming offense this season.

If we are entertaining McLaurin (whom I adore), how about....

Hollywood Brown?  He kind of broke out last year and went over 1,000 yards.  Learned how to run routes and get open on stop routes.  Like McLaurin, he would need to be paid soon.  But that would take care of the deep threat and give us a veteran WR who may still get better.