GB free agency 2022

squire12

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Looking at last season AJ Green highlights. He looks much much better than Devante Parker. He still got good speed and agility for this size. His routes looks clean but he is very much a body catcher. I am actually surprised how small his catch radius is.

Julio Jones is just a few months older. Shows more physicality and much better catch radius, Looks more dynamic between the two. Still capable catching deep balls but won't be completely open.

If I had to choose between the two. It's easily Jones, no question about it.

Jones/Cobb WR core....with 38yr old Rodgers throwing to them. Almost certainly the oldest passing attack in the NFL. How did we even get here, we should never have gotten into this situation in the first place.

A couple things I noticed from these videos:

1)  I don't see AJ Green being a body catcher so much as Kyler Murray's ball placement is ******* horrendous and he's almost always putting it in a spot where AJ can't really hands catch it without contorting himself in some weird way.  That dude (Murray) is so overrated and the Cardinals should trade his *** now while people still inexplicably think he's good.

2)  Julio Jones didn't look washed up to me.  If he can't get his body right I think he still has plenty left.  Obviously he's no longer in his prime but he can still play an important role...IF he can keep himself healthy.  If I had to choose one I'd definitely go after Julio.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Looking at last season AJ Green highlights. He looks much much better than Devante Parker. He still got good speed and agility for this size. His routes looks clean but he is very much a body catcher. I am actually surprised how small his catch radius is balls but won't be completely open.

Parker peaked at Louisville.

50 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Parker peaked at Louisville.

I've always thought he's underachieved - but - I've watched scant little of MIA games and they've been so screwed up as an organization / roster.....that it was impossible to separate his efforts / production from the overall "things are not going well" stigma surrounding the team.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've always thought he's underachieved - but - I've watched scant little of MIA games and they've been so screwed up as an organization / roster.....that it was impossible to separate his efforts / production from the overall "things are not going well" stigma surrounding the team.

This is true.  A change of scenery can do wonders.

Man if the reports coming out before Aaron Rodgers made his decision, that he wanted both Davante Adam’s and MVS with him wherever he was playing we’re accurate. I’d bet that man is fuming right now 

Edited by Nick_gb

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Man if the reports coming out before Aaron Rodgers made his decision, that he wanted both Davante Adam’s and MVS with him wherever he was playing. I’d bet that man is fuming right now 

He knew Adams wasn't coming back, and he has no one to blame but himself that MVS isn't here.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

he has no one to blame but himself that MVS isn't here.

Not so sure about that one specifically ( for others, yes)

I think the issue for Gute on MVS is that he didn't want to go 3 years.
Rodgers paycheck has nothing to do with that decision. Gute only wanted a 1 yr deal - probably to to buy some time while the rookies assimilate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Not so sure about that one specifically ( for others, yes)

I think the issue for Gute on MVS is that he didn't want to go 3 years.
Rodgers paycheck has nothing to do with that decision. Gute only wanted a 1 yr deal - probably to to buy some time while the rookies assimilate.

If we had more cap space, don't think Gute has any issue going to 3 years. He was looking to go one year with a void year I bet.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we had more cap space, don't think Gute has any issue going to 3 years. He was looking to go one year with a void year I bet.

I don't think that cap crunch had anything to do with Gute only offering up 1 year deal.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

MVS is not worth 10 million a year like KC gave him.  Now if MVS would have signed for less for the 3 years with GB no problem.  For 30 million, bye bye.