GB free agency 2022

squire12

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Everybody comfy with Jake Hanson at OC2 and OG3 next fall ?

Packers kept him around...can he fill the Lucas Patrick IOL role or does GB need to look at adding a vet ?
AG20 snagged Laurent Duvernay-Tardif in his mock and PR grabbed Quessenberry in his

2021 SEASON:
Appeared in 5 games…Dressed, but did not play in 9 games and was inactive (healthy scratch) for 3 games

xdxt8vkk35w0ohiiu304.jpg

We have 3 picks in the 4th and 5th round. This is where we excel in interior OL picks.  Keep doing that and we don't need to pay vet wages. Hanson can compete with them.

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Everybody comfy with Jake Hanson at OC2 and OG3 next fall ?

Packers kept him around...can he fill the Lucas Patrick IOL role or does GB need to look at adding a vet ?
AG20 snagged Laurent Duvernay-Tardif in his mock and PR grabbed Quessenberry in his

2021 SEASON:
Appeared in 5 games…Dressed, but did not play in 9 games and was inactive (healthy scratch) for 3 games

xdxt8vkk35w0ohiiu304.jpg

OC2, sure

OG3, nope

7 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Can someone smarter than me tell me why Sammy Watkins hasn’t been the same since Buffalo? Is it that he lost his speed or what? 

I tried to go through his film after they signed him, but my game pass is glitched and won't let me watch games from pre-2021.  I can tell you though that watching him in just a couple of 2021 games, he looks fine athletically.  He accelerates quickly, stop and start movement looks clean, plenty fast when he gets up to speed.  The biggest thing that jumps out (keep in mind this is an incredibly cursory glance) is that he somehow still doesn't seem to know what his own game is.  There's no consistent plan down to down, much less series to series.  Each route is an adventure, each interaction with coverage an enigma, with the end result that I feel like it's impossible to know whether he'll be open on any given play.  Being frank, he seems like the kind of WR Rodgers would hate, so either they're really banking on him turning it around in this room or this is Gute returning passive-aggressive fire.

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if he is bipolar?  When one is in a manic state you say and do crazy stuff.  

I've not read any of that stuff.....it's news to me and I really dont want to know about it or care. So long as he doesnt let it affect his play or relationship to the team/organization.....I could care less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

Each route is an adventure, each interaction with coverage an enigma, with the end result that I feel like it's impossible to know whether he'll be open on any given play.

that's next level chess by Watkins - the defenders have no clue what he's doing either

raw

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I tried to go through his film after they signed him, but my game pass is glitched and won't let me watch games from pre-2021.  I can tell you though that watching him in just a couple of 2021 games, he looks fine athletically.  He accelerates quickly, stop and start movement looks clean, plenty fast when he gets up to speed.  The biggest thing that jumps out (keep in mind this is an incredibly cursory glance) is that he somehow still doesn't seem to know what his own game is.  There's no consistent plan down to down, much less series to series.  Each route is an adventure, each interaction with coverage an enigma, with the end result that I feel like it's impossible to know whether he'll be open on any given play.  Being frank, he seems like the kind of WR Rodgers would hate, so either they're really banking on him turning it around in this room or this is Gute returning passive-aggressive fire.

Too funny......I'm reading this and thinking to myself: "he seems like the kind of WR Rodgers would hate"

This'll be interesting......

50 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

So does GB watch tape or not. I still don't know!

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

So does GB watch tape or not. I still don't know!

Obviously not or we'd already have traded our next six firsts for Metcalf.  Giant receiver who mostly excels on contested catches in the middle and deep balls?  Perfect fit for the QB with an inconsistent deep ball who hates throwing contested balls over the middle!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Obviously not or we'd already have traded our next six firsts for Metcalf.  Giant receiver who mostly excels on contested catches in the middle and deep balls?  Perfect fit for the QB with an inconsistent deep ball who hates throwing contested balls over the middle!

In fairness he misses a lot of uncontested opportunities in the middle of the field as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I've not read any of that stuff.....it's news to me and I really dont want to know about it or care. So long as he doesnt let it affect his play or relationship to the team/organization.....I could care less.

If he is bipolar this disorder is easily managed with medication.  The trick is making sure the patient complies...