Worst case draft day scenario for your team

minutemancl

Worst case for Jets:

Stingley or Walker at #4, or any OT not named Ekwonu/Neal, Karlaftis

-The Jets have a ton of young guys in the secondary who actually showed up and played hard last season.  Their overrated DL needs Edge help badly! Walker has had a lot of success inside and his production lacks.  The Jets already have JFM for that role.  They need an actual Edge threat to pair with Lawson and also be insurance incase he doesn't recover well.  With all of their injuries I want to stay AS FAR AWAY as possible from injured guys like Stingley.  Karlaftis would be a huge reach IMO.

Stingley, OT, Olave, Karlaftis

-Again, I want the Jets to stay away from guys who have been injured and I don't think they need a 1st round CB either.  With how talented Sauce is I would welcome that pick regardless.  Same thing with someone like Kyle Hamilton.  At 4 I wouldn't be very happy but with how talented he is I would be okay.  If the Jets are going OT it should be the top available at 4 or a developmental T, nothing in between.  I'd be happy with any of the WRs at 10 minus Olave.  Karlaftis again because I really don't like him.

So super worst case scenario for me is Walker/Karlaftis at 4 and Stingley at 10.

Chad Muma // LB, Wyoming

Kyler Gordon // DB, Washington

Logan Hall // DL, Houston

Nik Bonnitto // EDGE, Oklahoma

I want nothing to do with these players. I wouldn’t be a happy camper if one of these names were written on a Patriots draft card. Bonnitto to a lesser extent, but I am not a fan of any of these prospects.

I think worst case for the Bucs:

Gone by 27

Zion Johnson

Devonte Wyatt

Jordan Davis

Travis Jones

Kenyon Green (but i dont really like him as a prospect)

George Karlaftis

Top 4 CBs 

Dax Hill

AND no one wants to trade up to our spot

yikes, i dont even know who i'd want to take then 

i dont really want the Bucs to take a WR since we already have Evans, Godwin, Gage but in this scenario i guess i wouldnt mind Burks/Olave/Williams but i would rather go a different route than WR 

also to early imo for Trey Mcbride

Definitely dont want Boya Mafe either idk why ppl are hyping him up but imo he gets washed out of plays rather easily for his size and length

On 3/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, minutemancl said:

What is the worst case scenario as far as players getting picked before your team drafts this year?

For the Giants, it is undoubtedly the top 2 tackles and top 2 edge rushers going 1-4 (Hutchinson, Thibs, Neal, and Ekwonu). The consolation prize in that scenario would be Kyle Hamilton I'd imagine, but it would suck missing out on those top players at those premium positions.

I'd jump at Travon Walker and hope Kyle Hamilton is still there two picks later. 

A. Hutchinson, K.Thibodeaux, T. Walker, Jermaine Johnson, George Karlaftis, Ahmad Gardner, Derek Stingley Jr., Trent McDuffie, Andrew Booth, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Ikem Ekwonu, Evan Neal,  and Kyle Hamilton.  I think that what would be worst case scenario for the Eagles. In this case, no QBs are taken in the first 14 picks so none of these prospects fall to 15. I don't know who I would want to select in this instance.

Edited by Folesadelphia
Forgot about Andrew Booth.

Worst case for the Jets is likely the most probable, with Hutch/Thibs both going top-3.

Most mocks have us taking Neal/Ekwonu in that scenario, which makes sense but typically for the wrong reason - Becton is the question mark up front, whereas Fant actually played really well last year and has more than earned the respect of the locker room. The obvious issue being, in that scenario, if Becton stays healthy, whomever we draft at 4 will likely have to 'redshirt' his rookie season. Sauce makes sense, but most who follow the team closely don't think they're taking a CB that high - value doesn't add up in this system + it's one position with young talent (Hall, Echols) the team actually feels good about (w/ Reed already starting at one spot). Other options include reaching for a WR or Hamilton (Position + combine, seems doubtful). Maybe Douglas has another EDGE near the top of his board, maybe he's not high on Thibs to begin with, but more generally missing on EDGE at 4 would be tough.