Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

If the market is right, could be a nice bargain grab for a veteran piece in an offense. God knows Mac could benefit from having a guy with his hands and route running in there. Like @.Buzz mentioned in the movement thread, the WR market is looking like itll be thin, especially since this move likely coincides with Gallup being locked up by Dallas. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't know what's worse, that he's past his prime and overpaid or that I want the Browns to scoop him up.

He's only 27. There's still a chance we haven't seen his prime yet. 

Not saying I'd put my chips in that basket, but he's still got a lot of football left to play. 

• Like 5

Coop is such an inconsistent, soft, beta dude. Just doesn't have that edge to him to make him truly a stud #1. He'll go off one week and everyone will think he's a stud, then he'll drop a few passes the next week and be invisible. 

Oakland fell for it, Dalls fell for it and now another team will fool themselves into giving him top end money for a middle of the pack WR. 

• Like 4

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like he'll likely be traded now

I feel like you’ll likely be wrong. There have been rumblings of this for a while now out there from the Dallas media. The Cowboys effectively killed any chance at a trade by not keeping their mouths shut.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Coop is such an inconsistent, soft, beta dude. Just doesn't have that edge to him to make him truly a stud #1. He'll go off one week and everyone will think he's a stud, then he'll drop a few passes the next week and be invisible. 

Oakland fell for it, Dalls fell for it and now another team will fool themselves into giving him top end money for a middle of the pack WR. 

You must not have watched much Cowboys. Cooper has been great for Dallas. The fact they don’t get him the ball more is a travesty.

But, yeah he’s not the most durable receiver out there.

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like you’ll likely be wrong. There have been rumblings of this for a while now out there from the Dallas media. The Cowboys effectively killed any chance at a trade by not keeping their mouths shut.

Not unusual to announce a cut and then trade a guy. But if you're a team with receiver issues why wouldn't you throw a sixth to guarantee you get him before Dallas cuts him? Convert base into signing bonus this year if you need to and he'll be fairly cheap for the first year. 

• Like 1