2022 Offseason Discussion

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This comes off mentally weak as hell. Did Jimmy request a trade when the 49ers traded 3 FRPs for Lance? What about Tua when the Dolphins were courting Watson or how about Matt Ryan who had his whole FO roll out the red carpet for Watson.

Diva ish....by a dude that hasn't done enough to earn diva status!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This comes off mentally weak as hell. Did Jimmy request a trade when the 49ers traded 3 FRPs for Lance? What about Tua when the Dolphins were courting Watson or how about Matt Ryan who had his whole FO roll out the red carpet for Watson.

That’s what’s I’m saying. 

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Trade Baker to whoever doesn’t get Watson in the NFC South.

Trade Kareem.

Basically do a “soft rebuild.”

Keenum has 0 trade value. 

And that isnt a soft rebuild, its wiping away a year.

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The question becomes, is Baker the next Carson Wentz or is he the next Drew Brees?

Weeden.

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jimmy G is just Baker without the upside but with the stoic/professional attitude.

This is a major plus.

Frankly I think it tips the scale on the argument that it would be a lateral move.

• Like 1

So I guess I'm a prophet? lol 

On 1/5/2022 at 9:47 PM, Reginaldm9 said:

Legitimately didn't think the rift between Stefanski and Baker was at all a thing, but the more I read the more convinced I am that we'll have a different starting QB in 2022. I hate to say this, but the team could be closer to rebuilding than revamping. 

We're likely parting ways with...

Baker, Jarvis, Hooper, Keenum (all for good reason in my estimation). 

I also find it unlikely Clowney and Njoku are going to want to re-sign here. 

We're going to have starting holes at QB, TE, WR, DT, DE, MLB, P. 

Additionally we'll need depth at S, DE, OT, TE, and WR. That's 12 spots on the team we'll need decent players/draft picks to hold down. Yikes.

The saving grace of the situation is that the team is as good as the systems and game-plans are being followed. Despite pretty terrible QB play, a barrage of injuries, uneven defense, and wide receivers forgetting how to play, this team was only completely destroyed like twice this season. In my mind, Stefanski is still the man, we just have to give him the guys he needs to do his thing and we'll be alright in the long run. 

Edited by Reginaldm9