2022 Offseason Discussion

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Everyone expects it because of the Amazon deal. I've seen predictions of a 20 mil jump. 

Hopefully it will jump more than that, we will have 13 players signed for 2024 and 190 million dedicated to them. That's with no C/OTs, 1 DL, Cooper and Schwartz at WR, Newsome the only player in the secondary.

Realistically it's just hard to see how this works going forward unless the cap goes to 300 million or more. Currently it's projected at 255 and we only have 75 million with our 13 players signed and 7 of those are under 2 million in which JOK is probably the only one that will be relevant.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hopefully it will jump more than that, we will have 13 players signed for 2024 and 190 million dedicated to them. That's with no C/OTs, 1 DL, Cooper and Schwartz at WR, Newsome the only player in the secondary.

Realistically it's just hard to see how this works going forward unless the cap goes to 300 million or more. Currently it's projected at 255 and we only have 75 million with our 13 players signed and 7 of those are under 2 million in which JOK is probably the only one that will be relevant.

If there's one thing I've learned the past few years, it's that the cap is very fluid and contracts can be manipulated. Not sure I can think of a group I'd rather have in charge of that than the ivy leaguers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Some guys will be cutable 

Some guys will be tradable

Some guys will be able to be restructured. 

You can justt keep kicking the can down the road and rebuild around it. The  saints  do. The saints are a qb away from being good. 

Brisset is an amazing pick up, he has been better than some of our 1st round picks. and 2nds and 3rds as a QB. Hell is a good regular season starter for the browns at this point. 

Smart move for him to come too, he will be a starter this year 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Brisset is an amazing pick up, he has been better than some of our 1st round picks. and 2nds and 3rds as a QB. Hell is a good regular season starter for the browns at this point. 

Smart move for him to come too, he will be a starter this year 

You are right.

Didn't see this coming.

FO/Haslam must be more soured on Mayfield than I imagined.