2022 Offseason Discussion

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m talking about right now. Both are essentially off the team. Baker is as good as gone. And no support at all. Odell had tons of public support when he was out the door. 

He is as good as gone eventually but we may very well carry him into the season and then a good portion of it. Like I edited above, "they say something in support then it alienates the new QB, if they say something against it alienates him since he is still there and they still have to work with him. "

As for Odell, word was already out that he was traded when they all came out. 

Not supporting Baker here, just saying IMO they are being professional and staying quiet either way until he is actually gone.

Edited by pscottdai

Nah cause it’s been months even after Baker post surgery. Nobody has went out of their way to support Baker. We’re all on Twitter and bleacher report. I haven’t seen one player on the team come out to support him since idk when. 

Not even a get well soon. Maybe it was the injury too, but something happened this year and I feel like Baker lost the locker room. 

GOOD THING ITS OVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven’t seen a single player come out in support of baker. But there have been so many who have come out in support of Odell and now want him back. Kind of tells you a little bit about about the locker room dynamic and who was the issue. 

I think they are just following Lebron.

Chiefs either trade Hill now or lose him after this season.  It's a tough call for a GM I can imagine.  

Draft picks have always been overvalued, so maybe now their value is starting to equalize.  Shoot, you draft a guy in the first round, and by the time he starts playing at a super high level you have to give him a big contract.  

It also doesnt seem like as many guys make it to unrestricted free agency these days, so teams are using their picks to trade for good players even though they have to pay the new contract.  It looks bad to give picks AND pay a guy, but it makes sense when you are in your window of being a competitive team.

4 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Chiefs either trade Hill now or lose him after this season.  It's a tough call for a GM I can imagine.  

Draft picks have always been overvalued, so maybe now their value is starting to equalize.  Shoot, you draft a guy in the first round, and by the time he starts playing at a super high level you have to give him a big contract.  

It also doesnt seem like as many guys make it to unrestricted free agency these days, so teams are using their picks to trade for good players even though they have to pay the new contract.  It looks bad to give picks AND pay a guy, but it makes sense when you are in your window of being a competitive team.

What you need draft picks for is finding good players for the middle of your roster. You need 6 guys who are great-HOF level and then players that wont let them down.

Myles

Watson

Bitonio

Teller

Chubb

Ward

JOK

We need special teams, we need, another linebacker and another good pass catcher.  

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What you need draft picks for is finding good players for the middle of your roster. You need 6 guys who are great-HOF level and then players that wont let them down.

Myles

Watson

Bitonio

Teller

Chubb

Ward

JOK

We need special teams, we need, another linebacker and another good pass catcher.  

Good way to look at it.

23 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Myles

Watson

Bitonio

Teller

Chubb

Ward

JOK

We finally have a good return man. I don’t think punter is really an issue. We can find that. But damnit we finally need to fix the kicker issue. 

42 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I doubt AB lasts the year, he looked like a shell of a person in the interview 

Do you feel like he would be fired due to record this year or would he leave on his own accord due to moral aspects and pressure of having Watson on the team?  I had seen the press conference & he seemed fine.  I don't think anyone could have gone into the press conference & exude a lot of enthusiasm due to knowing the type of questions that were going to come their way.  

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Do you feel like he would be fired due to record this year or would he leave on his own accord due to moral aspects and pressure of having Watson on the team?  I had seen the press conference & he seemed fine.  I don't think anyone could have gone into the press conference & exude a lot of enthusiasm due to knowing the type of questions that were going to come their way.  

Peace!!!

I think he might work on a trade to get him out of cleveland or resign. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I doubt AB lasts the year, he looked like a shell of a person in the interview 

Like @cortes02 said, it wasn't a situation where AB or Stefanski was going to be able to seem overly excited. It was going to be awkward and uncomfortable and they knew that. Plus, AB comes across pretty laid back and mellow in most press conferences, anyway.