Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers extension

converts base in 2022 into signing bonus that is spread over 5 years (2022-2026).   2023-2026 are all void years.

2022 base goes from $26.4M to $1.4M and the remaining $25M is spread $5M per year across the 5 years

new cap hit in 2022 is $26.6M which is................... 

wait for hit

$20M less than currently......  Just enough for an Adams franchise tag

Except we are currently 26 million over the cap so there is still work to be done in the next week. 

May have already been posted.  

Aaron Rodgers@AaronRodgers12

Hey everyone, just wanted to clear some things up; YES I will be playing with the @packers next year, however, reports about me signing a contract are inaccurate, as are the supposed terms of the contract I “signed”. I’m very excited to be back 💪🏼 #year18❤️11:43 AM · Mar 8, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think he just chose to maximize the window with Rodgers.

Re-tool and you're more likely to be Denver or Philadelphia for 8 seasons than to be KC.

We're seeing with the GOAT QB how hard it is to win a SB, and people think it gets easier to get rid of said QB. If Love wasn't good, we'd be right in with the teams you listed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Or did he chose to go with the back to back MVP over draft picks and a guy who has not played well in Love?

Love has played less than 6 qtrs, has looked much better than Rodgers did in his first 2 seasons and outplayed Rodgers vs DET. Love could have just as easily laid a fat egg vs SF the way 12 did.  Maybe he’s not the guy long term but don’t come around bitching when we’re NFC North cellar dwellers for years to come bcuz we messed up our cap and passed on a golden opportunity to keep this train humming for another decade in order for 12 to spectacularly flame out on the playoffs again. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And if it nets him a Super Bowl in the next 4 years… he won’t care.

That’s the only thing that will make it worthwhile.  How anyone can have any confidence in Rodgers pulling that off is beyond me.  He’s a descending player coming off the most lackluster MVP ever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Except we are currently 26 million over the cap so there is still work to be done in the next week. 

Z, Preston, Jaire are the ones that would be use to get under the cap in such a scenario.  Amos, Turner and Lowry would be smaller options.  Cutting Cobb, Crosby are other nice options for cap clearing.

plenty of time to do things.   just need other players to be willing to play ball on things....which gets interesting

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers extension

converts base in 2022 into signing bonus that is spread over 5 years (2022-2026).   2023-2026 are all void years.

2022 base goes from $26.4M to $1.4M and the remaining $25M is spread $5M per year across the 5 years

new cap hit in 2022 is $26.6M which is................... 

wait for hit

$20M less than currently......  Just enough for an Adams franchise tag

Okay.....void years 2023-2026.

He is only under contract to play one more year,  UNLESS he signs an actual contract.

Tell me what I'm missing.

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

May have already been posted.  

Aaron Rodgers@AaronRodgers12

Hey everyone, just wanted to clear some things up; YES I will be playing with the @packers next year, however, reports about me signing a contract are inaccurate, as are the supposed terms of the contract I “signed”. I’m very excited to be back 💪🏼 #year18❤️11:43 AM · Mar 8, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

And Churchill has announced that WWII is over. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're seeing with the GOAT QB how hard it is to win a SB, and people think it gets easier to get rid of said QB. If Love wasn't good, we'd be right in with the teams you listed.

Joe Burrow, Jimmy Garrapolo and Matt Stafford were 3/4 of the last QBs playing.

Time has long passed to rethink this whole "GOAT QB" approach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

That’s the only thing that will make it worthwhile.  How anyone can have any confidence in Rodgers pulling that off is beyond me.  He’s a descending player coming off the most lackluster MVP ever. 

I can see why fans feel this way. We have seen this movie for a decade. But I’m sure they feel if they had their oline healthy, Dillon healthy, etc…. It would be different.

If Barry and the defense stays legit and the special teams gets figured out finally… GB is easily the class of the nfc next year (because this team matches well against the rams).

They have to imagine things have opened up for them with Brady retiring and now Wilson traded.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Two cheap QBs (which everyone knows is the best way to go) and one whose team has traded every #1 pick for a decade.

Still looks like it is really freaking hard to win a SB.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You don't need a GOAT QB, but you also can't have a below average QB. Even Jimmy proved that when everything was on the line in 2019 against KC. 

I think the Rodgers deal today was as much about Love as it was Rodgers. Two years in, even with just limited playing time, there obviously was some talk at the round table about whether Love was the future. If there was any agreement that he looked the part, Rodgers would be a Bronco right now.