Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

Ridiculous to think that.   Thats just making an apology for a bad move.   That move directly led to the last 3 years of drama and failed SB runs.  To make the statement after Gute bailed on his plan and is giving AR $50 million just 1 year after dropping a year off the contract is silly.   Rodgers has played the Packers like a fiddle.

The ridiculous part is the Rodgers apologists trying to claim the drafting of Love didn't lite a fire under Rodgers's ***. James Jones even reported exactly that in the weeks after the draft and he predicted Rodgers would have an MVP season. Saying Rodgers told him he was working harder that off season than he ever had and planned on making it very hard on the Packers. When I heard that I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't make that kind of committment years ago. For the motavation that the drafting of Love brought to Rodgers and bringing two MVP season it was a great pick, no other player would have brought a greater positive in team results than the selection of Love.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

You don’t trade Love now unless a team knocks your socks off with an offer.  There’s always the possibility that Rodgers can get hurt esp playing Anthony Barr’s punkass twice a year. 

Yes you do.

If Rodgers gets hurt you want a Hundley. Was that his name?

Was it Jaire or Gary we got because of the Hundley year?

If it’s a short injury it doesn’t matter.

The first round bye is overrated and always has been. If your team isn’t good enough to win 4 games, it can’t win three games.

The whole backup QB thing is dumb.

I have just decided this and I am open to scrutiny, but I just had this thought and so far it stands up in my head.

Until someone can convince me otherwise, my newest soapbox is that having a good backup quarterback is dumb.

Sole exception is Nick Foles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes you do.

The first round bye is overrated and always has been. If your team isn’t good enough to win 4 games, it can’t win three games.

I have just decided this and I am open to scrutiny, but I just had this thought and so far it stands up in my head.

Until someone can convince me otherwise, my newest soapbox is that having a good backup quarterback is dumb.

Seriously, **** backup QBs.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes you do.

Considering GB didn’t draft Love to be a backup, I agree with your take.  

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes you do.

I think the backup QB and what to do with Love are two different issues.

The Packers invested a 1st and a 4th in Love.  With Gutes track record with 1st rounders...you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.  Love was an investment in the future.  I'd rather keep that ace up my sleeve while they sellout the rest of the future with void years.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

I think the backup QB and what to do with Love are two different issues.

The Packers invested a 1st and a 4th in Love.  With Gutes track record with 1st rounders...you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.  Love was an investment in the future.  I'd rather keep that ace up my sleeve while they sellout the rest of the future with void years.

Kinda depends on how long Rodgers actually plays in GB.  Doubt Love will want to be a backup much longer and the “future” for Love is basically now and maybe one more year.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes you do.

Nah. I wanna see Love play if anything happens to 12. I don’t wanna see Josh Johnson or some other journeyman bum. Let the draft position chips fall where they do with Love. 

A team has to pony up or forget it.  I'd want a minimum of a 2 and a 4 in this draft.  Even at that I'd have to think about it.  He does have value as a back up.  He'll be in year 3 could make a pretty good jump.  He's got enormous potential maybe Clements can get it out of him. 

Edited by Scoremore

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

A question about those thoughts......
Was wondering if it's like looking out over a full auditorium and suddenly a thought stands up that draws your attention to it. Does it usually raise it's hand as well (?) - or wave it's arms (?) - or is the act of standing usually enough to get it noticed? What's that look like?  :)