Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

That's interesting.  Pretty cool if true.  Packers don't like to use the tag maybe they won't have to.  Rodgers kicks in a bit to get the deal done that would give me a warm and fuzzy.  

That's JMO, they might not even be talking to Adams and using it for signing other players.  It's just my guess they are working on Adams.  

Edited by NFLGURU

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

That's JMO, they might not even be talking to Adams and using it for signing other players.  It's just my guess they are working on Adams.  

Just watched McAfee announce it.  No deal in place Rodgers is returning but sounds like he's going to work with the Pack to bring back the gang.  What was announced may have been offered but Rodgers is willing to take less.  Jives with what he said earlier it's not about money.  Well we'll see how the deal goes down.  200 mil figure is not accurate.  He just made up his mind he's returning contract still getting worked out.  So Guru think you are probably right in your assessment.  Sounds like Rodgers wants a ring and getting his guys back is more important than the money.  Sound like a Rodgers homer but have been following him throughout his career and I believe McAfee.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Blah.  

I know it's great that he will never wear another uniform and that we are now going to win the division a few times and own the Bears....again.

But we know how this movie ends.  

Congrats on Rodgers for getting another record setting deal from the frugal and disrespectful front office of the Green Bay Packers.

If we didn't pay him someone else would have.  And if another team did, would they be stupid too?  Guys like Rodgers don't grow on trees.  I'd rather be in the playoffs with a freaking chance than not.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If we didn't pay him someone else would have.  And if another team did, would they be stupid too?  Guys like Rodgers don't grow on trees.  I'd rather be in the playoffs with a freaking chance than not.

We'll have a chance, but we've had chances for a decade and it hasn't worked out.  I think they needed to try a different path .. one that includes a QB on a rookie deal.  If Love had shown more I think they might have chose that path.  If the kid comes into his own this year they still might be able to course correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We'll have a chance, but we've had chances for a decade and it hasn't worked out.  I think they needed to try a different path .. one that includes a QB on a rookie deal.  If Love had shown more I think they might have chose that path.  If the kid comes into his own this year they still might be able to course correct.

Nah man that's all out the window.  There is a pretty good chance Love gets traded now.  We'll have to get a decent offer or we'll just keep him around as a back up.  Even if he begins to show promise he'll never eclipse Rodgers.  Packers have committed to Rodgers until he retires.   End of story.  

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Since Rodgers gas been with Woodley, Rodgers has won 2 MVPs, Made playoffs multiple times, went to 2 NFC championships and ultimently committed to GB to multiple more years. The Yoko comparison is bad. She's weird as hell, but he's played well since he's been with her for the most part.

Cool

43 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Since Rodgers gas been with Woodley, Rodgers has won 2 MVPs, Made playoffs multiple times, went to 2 NFC championships and ultimently committed to GB to multiple more years. The Yoko comparison is bad. She's weird as hell, but he's played well since he's been with her for the most part.

It's because he's absorbed extra energy from the sun.