Aaron Rodgers Extended

Abe56

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Russ is next with the Seahawks. These guys were never going to go anywhere, especially Rodgers. He's just a huge drama queen and loves attention.

Denver has got to be feeling this bad. What's next for them? They either pay big for Mitch Trubisky, or move up in the draft to get Malik Willis/Kenny Pickett, right?

I would wager that Denver does not need to move up for one of those guys. Unless you’re talking about the 2nd or 3rd round.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I would wager that Denver does not need to move up for one of those guys. Unless you’re talking about the 2nd or 3rd round.

It was always going to be ARod & Wilson as Plan A-B for Paton, and there was no clear Plan C.

Realizing that Wilson has to ask out of SEA to leave, DEN is likely going to offer 3 1sts and some non-star players (Glasgow, Fant, that range).    If that's not good enough, then I expect it's not likely they move in and go nuts on the trade market.  The fact Paton & FO made no secret they were going after the big upgrade, and no Plan B, well, anything's possible, but I don't think they're looking at Trubisky/etc......

It's just an educated guess, but I'm thinking DEN will be offering 1.9 and both their 2023/24 1sts, and go from there with SEA.    If that isn't happening, it wouldn't surprise me to see them come knocking at MIN's door for Cousins, given the Paton / Kubiak connection.   Alternatively, they may kick the tires on Rd1 rookie (ugh).   THAT is going to be one helluva discussion (Cousins at his $ / whatever draft pick you deal  vs. Rd1 rookie class that is not inspiring any confidence you have an elite-ceiling guy, not even talking floor, just ceiling, other than Willis - and that's a source of heavy debate already within the Denver fanbase).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

So the Packers went to the grocery store with -$25 to buy ingredients to make an omelette, spent $100 somehow on just eggs and left. Sure to be a recipe for success. 

The Rams paid Jared Goff $25million in 2021 to QB the Lions. Meanwhile, they won the SB.

Salary Cap is funny money.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

As for ARod's remaining time, need to see how the contract's structured.  There's ZERO chance that GB will go after the signing bonus $, but how they structure the cap hits will give a little hint as to the timeframe ARod's thinking of playing.

If the dead cap hit gets monstrous in year 3, then likely he's thinking 2 years.   If it's year 4, 3...you get the idea.  And remember - with voidable year extensions still do-able, no matter how bad the cap hit looks in year 3/4/whenever - keep in mind it's going to get spread out over 3-4 years after ARod is done.   When the team is likely overhauling the team completely.    But that's how GB is going to be able to sign ARod & Adams, and still try to go for it for 2022-?.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

This deal tells me all I need to know about Love's progress so far.  If he doesn't work out he won't be the first QB taken in the first round that flamed out.

We're all having fun taking shots at the Packers with this news, but in all seriousness, I don't blame them for drafting Love.  If there is any team in the league who knows the value of a great QB, it's the Packers, and they were doing what they thought was necessary at the time to assure themselves that they wouldn't have a multi-year drought at the most important position on the field.  As you said, Pugger, they aren't always a home run, but doesn't mean you shouldn't step up to the plate and take a swing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As for ARod's remaining time, need to see how the contract's structured.  There's ZERO chance that GB will go after the signing bonus $, but how they structure the cap hits will give a little hint as to the timeframe ARod's thinking of playing.

If the dead cap hit gets monstrous in year 3, then likely he's thinking 2 years.   If it's year 4, 3...you get the idea.  And remember - with voidable year extensions still do-able, no matter how bad the cap hit looks in year 3/4/whenever - keep in mind it's going to get spread out over 3-4 years after ARod is done.   When the team is likely overhauling the team completely.    But that's how GB is going to be able to sign ARod & Adams, and still try to go for it for 2022-?.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it's like a 7 year deal with 3 years voiding just for the signing bonus being more spread out. And then they'll eat it whenever he does retire or leave, like the Pats, Bucs, Saints have.

27 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

So the Packers went to the grocery store with -$25 to buy ingredients to make an omelette, spent $100 somehow on just eggs and left. Sure to be a recipe for success. 

Plenty enough of eggs to egg the bears hopes and dreams for the next few seasons .