Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

And this is what I meant by "he will make your OL worse". Maybe I'm totally off here, but Seattle's OL is better than Denver's. Our only weak spot was Center. 

Everyone thinks Seattle's OL is trash because of Russell's propensity to hold the ball longer than he should. I want to say we were actually top 10 in neutral pass block win rate. 

Yeah I can see that as well but I still get the feeling those issues will disappear. Lol

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Massive oversimplification. We don’t even know if a franchise QB is even in these next two draft classes. 

And if a QB needy team lands on #1 overall? Good luck getting the pick from them. 

I love Russell but he’s 33 going on 34 and not as mobile as he used to be. 

I just don’t think anyone was going to outbid Denver. If you wanted him outside the NFC. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ACO said:

He will have a better OL to give him plenty chances.

Better, yes, but how much better is debatable.  The Broncos OL still ranked 27th in the league in league last season in surrendering sacks, and were middling in terms of pressures given up.  It's probably reasonable to assume that Lloyd Cushenberry and Quinn Meinerz improve their play as their development progresses, but Garrett Bolles, while serviceable, is pretty average and they're set to turn over their starting RT Bobbie Massie with a ton to show behind him.

2 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Better, yes, but how much better is debatable.  The Broncos OL still ranked 27th in the league in league last season in surrendering sacks, and were middling in terms of pressures given up.  It's probably reasonable to assume that Lloyd Cushenberry and Quinn Meinerz improve their play as their development progresses, but Garrett Bolles, while serviceable, is pretty average and they're set to turn over their starting RT Bobbie Massie with a ton to show behind him.

A lot of it also had to do with who was under center

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

A lot of it also had to do with who was under center

I will say, I'm not sure whether that particularly attribute gets better. 

Fewer of Teddy's QB pressures resulted in sacks than wilson, and that's never been Russ' strong point.