Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Thinking the Broncos are going to achieve similar success with Russell Wilson than they would with a rookie QB just demonstrates that you don't.

Russell Wilson has played in the best division in football nearly his entire career and has never won less than 9 games until last season.

The Broncos have never won more than 7 games since 2016, and haven't won more than 9 games since Peyton Manning was QB.

Doesn't matter how many first round picks they have next year, it's not going to offset the difference between a laughably bad QB class and a HOF QB. I'm shocked I even have to say this, frankly.

Just read my post please 😆 twice you've ignored it. I'm not going on with this as you either can't read or are ignorant.

It's not just  Rookie vs Wilson.

Wilson's play has been declining over the last few years ang going to a worse supporting cast.

The Broncos will win more games next year with Wilson than last year but please lets not pretend that the Broncos are now Superbowl contenders. They're likely in the same position as the Seahawks over the last  few years.

They traded for Wilson not Rodgers and the 2022 Broncos are nowhere near the 2021 Rams.

Broncos would see similar success developing a rookie QB on a rookie deal and stacking the rest of the roster - if you don't believe me have a look at the teams in the Superbowl not named Brady over the last 5/10 years.

Edited by viking

9 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

An under rated part of the Broncos supporting cast on offence is their new coach.

I think Javonte, Jeudy, Albert O, Sutton, etc will feast in their new system.

the Seahawks offence the last few years was archaic. I expect Russ to look better than his meh second half’s of the last few seasons.

Nathaniel Hackett? He's lucky he has had Rodgers as QB carrying him to this HC position.

Jeudy and Sutton need a lot of help their 5 TDs combined over the last two seasons doesn't scare anyone.

8 minutes ago, viking said:

Just read my post please 😆 twice you've ignored it.

Broncos would see similar success developing a rookie QB on a rookie deal and stacking the rest of the roster - if you don't believe me have a look at the teams in the Superbowl not named Brady over the last 5/10 years.

Back at you man. Mine was "Then Broncos would be facing a mediocre season with probably a mid round draft pick next year when they really would want a high QB and even IF they hit on that QBOTF, they would be faced with having to resign all the other rookies while that QB develops, which doesn't work. You start to see the dilemma."

I guess we will see if your method works for Seattle this year when they draft a QB. They should have basically the same record as the Broncos this year according to you, correct?

It's also funny you mention a method the Broncos already tried TWICE since 2016...how did that work out? 

The Broncos are going to be a better team but not a SuperBowl Contender.

Broncos fans better hope and pray that Wilson doesn't continue on his current downward trend as you won't have any salary cap or draft picks to support him if he does.

It's a good move but I still have them as between the 6th to 9th best team in the AFC with no draft capital and soon to be no cap space after Wilson signs a new deal with them. 

1. Chiefs

2. Bills

3. Bengals

4. Pats

5. Chargers

6-9 Raiders/Titans/Broncos/Ravens

Edited by viking

30 minutes ago, viking said:

Nathaniel Hackett? He's lucky he has had Rodgers as QB carrying him to this HC position.

Jeudy and Sutton need a lot of help their 5 TDs combined over the last two seasons doesn't scare anyone.

The Packers had a lot of guys open this season that Rodgers straight up refused to throw to. I find this take a little bit reductionist.

Aaron Jones has been raining tds the last 3 seasons and I see Javonte having a lot of success too.

Also Jeudy and Sutton both missed double digit games with injury. They’re talented receivers but it’s hard to put up much volume with QBs like Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Lock, and Trevor Siemian.

Call me crazy but I trust Hackett and Russel Wilson to field a substantially better offence than Drew Lock and Vic Fangio…

20 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Just simply hit on the rookie QB and all your free agents signings and other draft picks. Really easy stuff. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to trade for a great QB.

For real. Why can’t you guys just draft a guy in the second round that ends up being Drew Brees? Everyone else is doing it.

I love that the Broncos did this. The AFC West is going to be wild this year. I also love that Elway didn’t tell the fans this year, “We have QB’s at home.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

I'd like to see a whole change of scenery then, and with the departure of Russ, see some new people at the top as well, cause things have been pretty stale in Seattle for a while now.

The unfortunate reality is that you don’t get sign-off as GM/HC on trading your city’s icon and SB winning QB unless you have unbridled support and job security from ownership. We’ve made our bed and we will now have to lay with the decision of choosing an aging, out-dated head coach and a GM with a pitiful recent track record over a HoF QB. 

It’s truly remarkable what’s happened to a team that was one blown play away from being a mini-dynasty of the decade. I hope there’s a 30-for-30 on it someday. 

The Broncos had the #3 scoring Defense last year and still got nowhere near the playoffs, yet I am supposed to believe they are worse off with Russell Wilson than they are without him. Jesus.

It's just further evidence that the Football community vastly overrates draft picks, in particular when it comes to acquiring QBs. 

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The unfortunate reality is that you don’t get sign-off as GM/HC on trading your city’s icon and SB winning QB unless you have unbridled support and job security from ownership. We’ve made our bed and we will now have to lay with the decision of choosing an aging, out-dated head coach and a GM with a pitiful recent track record over a HoF QB. 

It’s truly remarkable what’s happened to a team that was one blown play away from being a mini-dynasty of the decade. I hope there’s a 30-for-30 on it someday. 

On the flip side, not sure if a rookie HC/GM would want their first major move to be trading the HOF QB. 

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The Broncos had the #3 scoring Defense last year and still got nowhere near the playoffs, yet I am supposed to believe they are worse off with Russell Wilson than they are without him. Jesus.

It's just further evidence that the Football community vastly overrates draft picks, in particular when it comes to acquiring QBs. 

The entire beginning of the thread was how the Broncos fleeced the Seahawks getting a top 5 QB for such a small deal. Either people changed their tunes or there’s a few loud people making their opinion known over and over. 

im somewhere in the middle. I think the Broncos got a good QB, but I think the Seahawks made out fine in the deal as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

im somewhere in the middle. I think the Broncos got a good QB, but I think the Seahawks made out fine in the deal as well. 

Most logical people would agree with this. You can argue Wilson could range from good to top tier QB.

But in the Twitter age, everyone has to have a ridiculously strong opinion on every sporting transaction, and there has to be a winner and loser for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The entire beginning of the thread was how the Broncos fleeced the Seahawks getting a top 5 QB for such a small deal. Either people changed their tunes or there’s a few loud people making their opinion known over and over. 

Given that Wilson would only waive his no-trade clause for Denver, this is as good as they could do.   I don't think anyone would argue otherwise.

FWIW, I would echo your statement - the Main thread poll is far more illustrative of general opinion from the FF crowd.    Part of why I put it up.   It doesn't mean it guarantees outcome, but it's important to get a broader perspective on this.  It would be boring if there wasn't disagreement (that's how we learn from each other), and just because an opinion is the minority one, doesn't mean it's right/wrong.  But yeah, I think most get that the general opinion is DEN got exactly what they needed, and if SEA is truly rebuilding, understanding that Wilson only wanted to go to DEN, then it could end up being a win-win for both sides.   

And in the case of a team like DET, for example - they were clearly not going to contend during the Stafford's next 2-3 years.   And with his back, it wasn't a lock he would command a better price if they waited.   In that scenario, it's totally fair to say DET kinda had to do it.   If Wilson's relationship with SEA was broken, same deal.  

One key difference though - for SEA to truly win, they have to hit on the picks (or use the extra $ to find other value to accelerate the rebuild).   For DEN to truly win, they need Wilson to play at a difference-making level for 4-5 years, and make them a sustained contender.    You can get both outcomes and get a win-win scenario, but that's also why we're seeing teams that "go for it" end up with the better outcome than rebuilders more times than not.  Still, you can definitely get the win-win scenario for sure.    

Edited by Broncofan