Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

I have been very critical of Kirk since he signed "the deal."  However, he's won me over.  His toughness...his grittiness...his steady, unflappable leadership in the 4th quarter of games has been eye opening to me.  Yes, he's probably needed a receiver like JJ to elevate his game...but c'mon...in 2022 who else would you want when your team is down four touchdowns in the second half??  If you say any other quarterback than Cousins, then you simply have not been paying attention.

• Like 6

Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins has been selected as the 2023 winner of the Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award.

Inspired by Starr's impeccable character and faith-filled service to family and community, the award was created "to honor the NFL player who best exemplifies outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community."

Cousins is scheduled to receive the award at the Super Bowl Breakfast, set for Feb. 11, 2023, at the Desert Ridge Marriott Resort in Phoenix, Arizona.

Cousins will be the third player who has worn a Vikings uniform to win the award, joining quarterback Warren Moon and receiver Cris Carter.

https://www.vikings.com/news/kirk-cousins-2023-bart-starr-award?fbclid=IwAR0fr3BR3eVsrymbyMrxlbricojjL3lRDbkJHrL0iBOVn09RSkpFOmoNNO0

• Like 2